10 years 2 months ago #141770

-- url of the page with the problem -- : None
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.2.3 & HikaMarket
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 32.0.1700.102 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Greetings,

First off, we’re really excited to begin using Hikashop and HikaMarket for our web site. We are already using Acymailing Enterprise and have enjoyed great support and relative success with our campaigns over the last year.

We’ve had Hikamarket & Hikashop for a few days now and the setup hasn’t been so easy for us. We are kind of learning as we go, but we more or less have a basic idea of what we need: We are trying to set up a system of chained payments using the paypaladaptive plugin.

We’ve set up a paypal account, verified it and Requested API credentials to create our own API username and password. With that, we received a API Username, API Password & Signature. These are all details required to set up the adaptive payment plugin, EXCEPT that doesn’t give us an Application ID. Looking at your documentation for the paypaladaptive plugin, it does not mention an Application ID. Regardless I assume we have to set up an app. We went to the paypal developer site and set up an app. Once we set it up, we were given credentials (client id and a secret) for sandboxing and testing, as well as live credentials. We are still confused, however, as to what we need to put for the Application ID.

There is also a way to create and manage paypal apps via the CLASSIC API APPS. I started creating an app there (though I’m not sure if I need to) and they require information that I don’t have. Do we need to create an app via PayPal’s CLASSIC API APPS? At the end they ask for testing credentials instructions and a URL. Then they ask us to submit the app. Is all this necessary? Any advice and instruction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for a great product and great support! We look forward to having HikaMarket as our multi-vendor solution!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 2 months ago #141815

Hi,

developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/d.../goingLive/#register

If you use any Adaptive APIs, obtain your live AppID from PayPal, and use it in all your Adaptive calls.

1. Ensure your application adheres to the PayPal Application Policies and Guidelines.
2. Update the Sandbox API credentials in your PayPal calls to those assigned to a live PayPal account.
3. Update your PayPal endpoints from the Sandbox to the PayPal production servers.
4. Register your application with PayPal.
5. If your application makes use of Adaptive operations, obtain a live AppID.
6.Go Live !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 2 months ago #141874

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

For anyone wondering or looking for an APP ID for testing, There's a global identifier Referenced here: developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/d...ycle/sb_credentials/

They say it pretty much remains consistent.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 2 months ago #141881

Hi,

I didn't see that you was talking about the sandbox environment.

This test application ID is hard coded in the Paypal Adaptive plugin.
If you use the plugin in "sandbox", it will use the test application id which is hard coded.
When you are in "live", your application id will be required.

Thanks for report. I will update the documentation of the paypal adaptive plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ourblok

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds