Users/vendors can´t see products

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 month ago #148046

-- HikaShop version -- :HikaShop Business: 2.3.0 and HikaMarket Multivendor: 1.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.17
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27

The situation here is this:
I create a website that shows like 300 cars, everything is great with hikashop and hikamarket.

So the company send me a .csv to populate the DB, it needed a few tweaks and works! Great but
the situation begun when the company asked me to add salesman guys... (12 in total) so i created the users in joomla and the vendors in hikashop, but when they login in the front-end they can´t see the 300 car, unless I give them Superuser privileges in joomla.

All this vendor need to access all the cars info to change some features but i really don´t want to give them this Super User privileges... theres i way i can change in a simple way these privileges but they still can see all the cars?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 1 month ago #148071

Hi,

When you imported the 300 cars, did you assign them a vendor ?
Vendors can only see and edit their products, if they don't see anything it can be because their is no product assigned to their vendor account.
It can be also some ACL restriction but in your case, I think they are good (otherwise, even if they are users of the main vendor, they won't see any product).

HikaMarket is a secured component, it does not allow vendor to edit products from another vendor.
In HikaMarket the store itself is a (special) vendor with the ID "1", every products non affected to a vendor will be affected to this main vendor.
This main vendor have special rights. It allow you to manage the entire store like in the HikaShop backend.

If you put the users as superuser, them will become a user of the main vendor so they will see all products regardless their vendor.

In HikaMarket it is not logical to let the vendor edit the products of the other vendors except if it is the main vendor which manage the entire store.
So you should put your salesman accounts under the main vendor with just product editing rights.

I will see how it could be possible to add such special feature in HikaMarket but I can't guarantee it because the way that HikaMarket work, it have to propose something secured where a vendor can't access to products/orders/etc of other vendors.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alejandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds