Allow visitor to contact seller & other links...

• Thank you received: 7
10 years 1 month ago #148273

Hi,
Sorry for so many questions! I have a few custom fields to add, however my client would like visitor to be able to contact a vendor. I know we already have their email in the backend, i would like to display this in the front end so the people visiting can email the seller.

I have alot of it there already: www.warestreetmarket.com/newsite/Artist/...w/2-alex-dibben.html however i need to add a blue block with links to the sellers products, delivery information, returns information, terms and conditions, and then a contact link. Do you know the best way i could / should approach this?

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 1 month ago #148292

Hi,

HikaMarket have an integration with the HikaShop product contact page.
It doesn't embed a vendor contact page and I think it will be better to use the product contact page to create a vendor contact page. (And now the product contact page can be put as a popup and not a separated page).
I am not sure that adding a special vendor contact page will be useful, because it will just be a copy of the product contact page.

For the other fields, the best way for you will be to create some custom fields for the missing elements and then, create a view override for the vendor page (vendormarket | showcontainer_default).
At this moment you will be able to put the content you want, to display the element you want, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 1 month ago #148502

Thanks, I tried to add this to the vendor default page to create the contact the seller link however it didn't show i think this may be because it is not on the product page therefore it doesn't know the contact it should make.

<div id="hikashop_product_contact_main" class="hikashop_product_contact_main">
		<?php
		$contact = $this->config->get('product_contact',0);
		if (hikashop_level(1) && ($contact == 2 || ($contact == 1 && !empty ($this->element->product_contact)))) {
			$empty = '';
			$params = new HikaParameter($empty);
			global $Itemid;
			$url_itemid='';
			if(!empty($Itemid)){
				$url_itemid='&Itemid='.$Itemid;
			}
			echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText :: _('CONTACT_US_FOR_INFO'), 'contact_us', $params, hikashop_completeLink('product&task=contact&cid=' . $this->element->product_id.$url_itemid), 'window.location=\'' . hikashop_completeLink('product&task=contact&cid=' . $this->element->product_id.$url_itemid) . '\';return false;');
		}
		?>
	</div>
Is there a way also for me to remove the 'btn button hikashop_cart_input_button' on the product page? I cannot see any reference to it in the above code however i would like to style it slightly differently to the other buttons on the site.

Thanks

Alex

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice !!

10 years 1 month ago #148533

Hi Jerome,

Is there a way for me to manually pull the content through from the vendor fields rather than the default display? I added the terms and conditions using the code you supplied and this works really well. I would like to do a similar thing but with delivery and contact information. However when i add those extra fields it displays it in a completely different format, what i would like to do is just request it manually and add it into my nice accordion for displaying that information...

www.warestreetmarket.com/newsite/Artist/...5-victoria-penn.html

Could i use some code like this:

<div id="hikamarket_vendor_terms" class="hikamarket_vendor_terms"><?php
echo $this->vendor->vendor_terms;
// echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', $this->vendor->vendor_terms);
?></div>

But for a custom vendor field instead?

Thanks

Alex

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 1 month ago #148548

Hi,

You have to remove the option "vendor page" to the vendor custom fields that you don't want to display in the vendor page (with the other custom fields).
But you will still have the content of the custom field in the vendor object. So you can manually display the custom field content in the vendor page using some PHP code.

About the contact page, HikaShop require a product to work properly and because you are in the vendor page, you do not send a product_id to the HikaShop contact page.
That's why some little modifications in HikaShop could be required to do it correctly.

Hope my explanations are clear enough.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 1 month ago #148560

Ok that was easy i just used same php code before and tweaked to match the field column name and it worked.

<div id="hikamarket_vendor_delivery" class="hikamarket_vendor_delivery"><?php
echo $this->vendor->vendordeliveryinformation;
// echo JHTML::_('content.prepare', $this->vendor->vendordeliveryinformation);
?></div>

So for contact for now what i will probably do is just create it as an empty text space for them to complete.

Thanks

Alex

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds