Vendor select product category - front end

• Thank you received: 7
9 years 11 months ago #154109

Hi I have a vendor setup and i would like for them to be able to select one of the categories when logged into the front end for their products, at the moment it looks like they can only publish products in a folder named after themselves. I would instead like them to be able to select 'books' for example and other categories if they apply but it looks like they dont have have access to select those categories?
(please see attached)

Also on the front end when i add a vendor it seems to create a category for that vendor automatically, does it have to do that, if i unpublish those categories does that affect the vendor? Ideally the vendor would use categories based around that the item is like on amazon, not based around the name of the seller.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #154122

Hi,

You are using an option for the "vendor root category" so the vendor does not see the entire category structure but only the structure with his "vendor category" as "root".

You can read more about it in the "hikamarket configuration" your "vendor tutorial" pages.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_category
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...html#tuto_first_conf

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 7
9 years 11 months ago #154124

Thanks Jerome, I shall have a read through all of this to make sure i understand it all as i did miss that bit!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds