vendor validation

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #154391

Hi,

I have a problem with the vendor validation. Vendor automatic creation works OK, but I can`t understand how the manual and automatic validation works. After registration and login I always receive the message "Please login as vendor". I think it would be helpful if you provide more information in the documentation.

And another question: Is it possible to delete a vendor? I cannot find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #154432

Hi,

When you use a manual validation, you have to publish the vendor in the backend to validate the vendor.
When the vendor is unpublish, it is like there is no vendor at all.

There is no option to delete a vendor because it can have some bad side effect about the products and order which will be still link with a vendor which does not exist anymore. And we can't just delete the products and orders which are link with a vendor that you want to delete.
So the best is to unpublish the vendor or you can reuse it for another one.

Maybe we will add some kind of new status for the vendors in order to create a "deleted" state, but we can't just delete them from the database.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #154458

Thanks a lot!

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #154469

Hi Jerome,

Quick question on the topic 'deleting vendors':

i can see trouble potentially deriving from deleting a vendor who's been previously active, or still is. But what about vendors who have been completely inactive, meaning they had no orders, no sales, maybe not even products... let's say they just never used the function.

They could be safely deleted from (read: in) the database, no?

I guess I'm thinking of the situation where vendor registration is 'automatic', and one might end up quickly with a large number of vendors, the majority remaining inactive since day #1 and into the longest future. Some clean-up from time to time would be nice then, me thinks.

(Maybe that's the way to go with a future solution: give the admin/main vendor the option to delete 'inactive vendors'...)

On the other hand, and at the present state using manual deletion from the database, what if a user has been deleted but wants to become active later? With vendor creation = automatic I smell trouble...

Thanks in advance for a brief line on this!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #154470

Hi,

Yes you can delete in the database a vendor who does not have any product/order.
If you have activate the corresponding option, please see to delete his vendor category in the same time.

When you are using the automatic registration, if a user is deactivate or deleted, the vendor will be set as unpublished.
And if you (re)activate the user, the corresponding vendor will be published.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #154471

All good. As expected, of course.

Thanks very much for your quick and sufficient response, Jerome!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds