custom fields & custom category dropdown

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 11 months ago #156828

Hi,

in addition to adding custom fields what is the best way to remove some fields that are unnecessary? The product template seems to just allow setting of values for certain fields rather than dictating which fields appear...

also in relation to this, how do you dictate only certain categories available to add for a new product. My dropdown menu currently shows all categories, only want it to show 4 categories i.e.

actual category setup:

product category
- category
- sub category 1
- sub category 2
- sub category 3

category view for vendor adding a new product:

- sub category 1
- sub category 2
- sub category 3

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 11 months ago #156850

Hi,

For the custom fields, you can select where in HikaMarket you want to display the custom fields.
In the HikaShop backend, in the "Display > Fields" section, while editing a custom field you will see a "display" block.
In this block you can select the different "screens" where the field will be display or not.

That's how you can make a specific product custom field not editable for the vendors.

About the category selection, it comes with the "vendor root category".
You can read more about it in the HikaMarket documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_category

For the moment there is just one single root category but we have in our TODO list a request to give extra categories to vendors.
So they will see the vendor root category (and his sub categories) plus the extra categories.
But this feature is not yet implemented. So for the moment you have to change a little the category structure.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 11 months ago #157127

I have found the custom fields section but i am limited with what I can see and edit. doing a little research it seems all the functions I need require the business version of Hikashop? I have Hikamarket with the free version of Hikashop and was told that was enough. Is there something I am missing regarding adding & editing custom fields in Hikamarket?
thanks

9 years 11 months ago #157264

Hi,

HikaMarket does not provide features of HikaShop commercial packages, it adds new features for the front-end edition and the multi-vendor.
I don't know if it was me or maybe Nicolas who told you that the free version of HikaShop was enough, but we shouldn't have the detail that you required the custom field for... product, order, or I don't know.
Please check the comparison page for some explanations on the custom fields :
www.hikashop.com/extensions.html

The "product custom field" are included in HikaShop essential (and also the Business one) ; when the order and item custom fields are in the Business.
Depending the types of custom field you required, it will influence the HikaShop edition.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 10 months ago #157765

Thanks Jerome,
yes I was told I would only need Hikashop starter for Hikamarket to operate - its no big deal to purchase either essential or business to get the extra features. I think it would be helpful to have some more info available with Hikamarket to explain what versions of Hikashop you may need alongside (depending on your feature requirements). The impression I got before purchasing was that Hikamarket sat on top of Hikashop (any edition) and Hikamarket was responsible for all its functionality.

Only a small issue however as its a great product & I do like how Hikamarket & Hikashop work together:)

9 years 10 months ago #157766

Hi,

I am very sorry for the confusion, for this mistake.
I will see with Nicolas how we can improve the product page to avoid this.
HikaMarket is an add-on for HikaShop, developed by another team/company. That's why it is an external component which just add his features but does not "walk over" the HikaShop commercial features.

My apologies

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds