Vendor Setup with PayPal Adaptive plus questions

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 10 months ago #163349

racedvd.com.au

I am very confused as to how to set up my vendors with paypal adaptive (and my side).

My vendors will each have 1 or two products maximum that I will set up (I think this will be the easiest so far).

Q1) How do I assign / create products for a particular vendor within a general category? Example: The category may be Thoroughbred / Queensland / Brisbane (which may have a few different products from various vendors).

Q2) I just want to charge / take a simple and standard $5 fee (from the vendor) per sale from every product sold on the website and wish to use paypal adaptive. Very confused as to how to set this up.

Q3) This one is something more for the future -- But is there a way to be able to limit what the vedor can adjust from the contol centre / during signup? Example: I want the vendor to be able to sign themselves up with specific information only, like this page: www.racedvd.com.au/index.php/provider-login Then once they are approved, the products are created automatically using a specific product template to make it look like this: www.racedvd.com.au/index.php/categories/...ard-race-dvd-product Lastly I want the vendor to be able to ONLY change basic information, like product description and price. And possibly the postage price. But that is ALL. Is this possible?

Thank you for your time on this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
9 years 10 months ago #163389

Hi,

R1) You can select a vendor in the product edition page, in the HikaShop backend.
When you are a vendor in the front-end, you can only create product for yourself.
You can also use an existing vendor product and add a general category to it.

R2) The fee is different than the payment system.
You need to configure the HikaMarket fees, not to use a specific payment method.

R3) HikaMarket have a powerful ACL system which allow you to select the right that vendors will have.
You can also create vendor custom fields and select where you want the custom field be display (backend, front-end registration, front-end vendor edition, etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds