Paypal Adaptive Setup

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 8 months ago #167608

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3

Hi,

I applied(successfully) for a Paypal Adaptive App from Paypal with the Vendor as Primary reciever, & us (the marketplace) as Secondary Reciever. I have been led to believe that Hikamarket only works with Us(the marketplace) as the Primary reciever & The Vendor as the Secondary Reciever?

Based on this I re-applied to paypal for Adaptive app representing and recieved this response:

Thank you for your submission. We unfortunately cannot approve the type of change you have requested. We don't approve the marketplace to be the primary receiver as being the primary receiver, your PayPal account will be 100% responsible for all payments going through the site regardless how much portion you actual keep. This is way too risky for PayPal to support. Please consider to change your integration and retire this application. Thanks,

In addition I wondered if there was a paypal option to pay vendors automatically & directly without using adaptive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #167612

Hi,

Yes, HikaMarket always put the store email as primary receive because :
- you can have several vendors in the same transaction (so which vendor who will be the primary receiver ? random ?!)
- you can have vendor without paypal email (so your store will be the single email.. It can't be second email at this moment)

Even if I want to put your store as a secondary receiver, it won't work every time.
So, paypal are nice but ; they should think before telling such answer which for my point is view is a non sense.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 8 months ago #167615

so what you are saying is Paypal adaptive does not work with Hikamarket?

and there is no other way of making a payment from the seller to the vendor via paypal (or any other method) in a marketplace situation?

*note that I set the cart so there is only one vendor product per transaction

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #167618

Hi,

HikaMarket paypal adaptive plugin is compatible with Paypal adaptive when Paypal accept the right configuration.
We have a lot of users who have a good working paypal adaptive in their website ; I really don't know why they refused you to change the primary/secondary configuration. Because they are a lot of users with that exact config.

Now, I can modify the paypal adaptive plugin to support the non-sense configuration that paypal forced you to have.
I don't want to because I think it's stupid, but I can. It's not a problem of code, it's a problem of logic and good sens.
(nothing against you but I'm starting to be sick about some reactions of paypal support ; they made a documentation and they don't follow their own recommendations)

I know, I am sure that adding the option to put the store as secondary receiver will introduce a lot of error and a lot of support for something which does not feet to common configuration.
I will more recommend the "parallel" payment instead of the "chained" one.

In addition I wondered if there was a paypal option to pay vendors automatically & directly without using adaptive?

How do you want to pay your vendors automatically ?
The advantage of paypal adaptive is that, if an order is cancelled, everybody give back the money. If you use an automatic system to pay your vendors, you can have serious problem if the order is cancel or if you have a refund.
The best is to pay your vendors after a certain time ; keep some delay in order to be sure that you won't have any trouble afterwards (generally more 30 days is good).

After that, HikaMarket could create the vendor payment but doing an automatic payment transfer is risquy (and they are very few payment methods which could allow it).

I will work on the paypal adaptive plugin in order to see how implement the "store as secondary" feature without loosing future HikaMarket users in a really bad direction.
I noted your email address into the issue I created, so I will be able to send you the plugin once done.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 8 months ago #168712

Thanks Jerome, everything is working great now - I appreciate the support :)

9 years 8 months ago #168717

here's a little info for those not sure where to start.

1. make sure you have a paypal business acc

2. request an API signature from paypal - go to profile/my selling tools/API access in your paypal account

3. Request an APP ID by creating a classic app - go to developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/myapps to start the process. its fairly detailed and requires you to outline your payment process & terms & conditions etc.

4. Enter all your details into the Paypal Adaptive plugin. use the "classic" option if you dont want to take a fee/commission as part of the transaction

note that I personally had trouble getting paypal to approve the marketplace approved as a primary receiver, but paypal did approve the vendor as a primary receiver (and marketplace as secondary receiver).

Jerome has since introduced the option for the marketplace to be the secondary receiver in the paypal adaptive plugin

make sure in Market Options/General Options you set the "Limit Vendors In Cart" to "One Vendor". Naturally you will only want to process sales to each vendor individually for paypal adaptive to be successful

hope that helps :)

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by christofu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, PolishedGeek, marremp2

• Thank you received: 94
9 years 8 months ago #168721

It was really nice of you to take the time to write up this summary How-To for everyone. :cheer:

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: christofu

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds