change email in hika doesnt change email in joomla

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 7 months ago #170697

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3

Hi,
when a customer registers in my store a Hikamarket account is automatically created - that all works ok. I did notice however that a customer has changed their contact email, however most correspondance gets sent through to their original email. i.e. when they create a sale, it goes through to their original email, not through to their updated email address.

I observed:
vendor email is changed
customer email is unchanged
joomla email is unchanged

I expected that some of these fields might not be changed but interested as to what is the best way to manage this so that the customer(also the vendor in my case) only has to change their details in the vendor area once

apologies if I have missed something obvious!

thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #170704

Hi,

The "vendor email" was most for the "contact" part, in order to display this email in the vendor page ; like the address.

The HikaShop accounts are the accounts used when HikaMarket send notification emails.
About the link between the HikaShop account email and the Joomla account email, I let you see that part with the HikaShop support team, I think it would be possible to link the two elements.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 7 months ago #171014

It would be great to link Joomla & Hikashop so yes please I would love to speak with the Hikashop support.

Do you have a suggestion for how I could link or replace Hikashop email/contact with Hikamarket email/contact? I am happy to simplify as many fields as possible to ensure this works and have a single point for customer details

currently I have a link to change the (joomla) password on my vendor admin page (which is ok).

also I am considering using the email address as the username - I notice there is an option for that. Does this make anything easier?

9 years 7 months ago #171015

also I've been trying to find some threads regarding this so if you have answered some of the questions elsewhere plz feel free to post the links:)

thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #171017

Hi,

christofu wrote: It would be great to link Joomla & Hikashop so yes please I would love to speak with the Hikashop support.

You can, by creating a thread in the HikaShop forum section.

Do you have a suggestion for how I could link or replace Hikashop email/contact with Hikamarket email/contact?

For the moment : Using a custom plugin.

also I've been trying to find some threads regarding this so if you have answered some of the questions elsewhere plz feel free to post the links

Ad long as I remember, you're the first one with this request.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds