Main Product Catologue for all vendors

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 4 months ago #184080

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Scenario: Main shop sells all the products. Wants each product to be available at each vendor's location.

Believed solution, but not sure if I'm on the right track. The duplicate products plugin is used to duplicate products for each vendor that is created. If a new product is added after the vendor has been created, does the new product also get added to the vendor? Does the other vendors automatically have access to use each product that is currently in the hikashop even if the products are not currently assigned to a vendor? If each product needs to be assigned to the main vendor account first, is it possible to add the vendor to each product without editing each product individually? Sorry for all the questions, I thought I had this figured out and working, but realized that I probably don't.

Thanks. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #184136

Hi,

You're right, the duplicate plugin does not affect the existing vendors when a new product is added.
Is use case is more to provide a "starter pack" or if all vendors sell the same exact products.

But there was a similar question in another thread ; which was more about the characteristics/variants.
www.hikashop.com/forum/23-market-how-to/873697-feasibility.html
So in the next version of HikaMarket, there will have a new "vendors" characteristics which will allow the vendors to "duplicate" (by creating a variant) and the characteristic will be fully dynamic ; it will list the vendors who have created a variant only.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds