Are different vendor fees based on zone possible?

• Thank you received: 6
9 years 3 months ago #188070

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1

We would like to calculate royalties on products we sell. The royalties are dependent on the category (and maybe product) and the location (zone). It seems that we might be able to accomplish this using multi-vendor hikamarket, but it is unclear in the documentation how zone can be used. The hikamarket changelog mentions support for zones but the documentation is not very clear.

We have the following situation:

Product A:
1) Zone 1: Vendor Z requires 5% royalty
2) Zone 2: Vendor Y requires 6% royalty
3) Not in Zone 1 or 2: can't be sold

Can multi-vendor hikamarket support 1 and 2 above?

I believe that to support 3 above, I will have to use shipping restrictions in Hikashop (or write something custom based on geolocation).

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
9 years 3 months ago #188074

Hi,

The vendor zone is the attribution of a vendor depending on the customer address.
You can create a zone in HikaShop (which can contain countries and states) and assign a zone to a vendor.
When a customer by a product which does not have a vendor assigned, HikaMarket will dynamically set the vendor depending the customer address and the vendor zones.

So the fees are not depending the zone ; the fees are linked to vendors.
You can say that "Vendor Z" have 5% fee and "Vendor Y" have 6% fee ; assign them to your "Zone 1" and "Zone 2".
About the "not in zone 1 or 2", you have to do that in HikaShop (restrictions on payment or shipping methods).

I hope that it will help you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds