Group Vendors for Shipping method

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 7 months ago #215875

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.saikungmarkets.com/

I am setting up different shipping costs for different vendors on my site using the "Vendor Options" in the shipping plugin.

The problem is that I can only select one vendor. Ideally I need to set up shipping price 1 for vendors a,b and c, and then shipping price 2 for vendors d,e and f.

At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to set up 6 different shipping methods, one for each vendor. This works but it is time consuming and may be a problem if I have 100+ vendors. How can I group the vendors for shipping?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
8 years 7 months ago #215917

Hi,

That's something in my TODO list for HikaMarket 1.7
The current system is based on the HikaShop warehouses ; and in fact, the system can just be based on that.

With "shipping per vendor" HikaMarket creates virtual warehouses depending the vendor ID.
When you affect a vendor to a shipping method, it affect the warehouse with a special ID containing the vendor ID.
The idea beside the improvement, is to propose a Joomla user group and let HikaMarket load the shipping methods not only for the "warehouse with vendor ID" but also for the "warehouse with the vendor group".

In that case, you would be able to put several vendors in the same Joomla user group and these vendor will propose the same shipping methods during the checkout.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds