• Thank you received: 2
7 years 7 months ago #251161

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

1. is it possbile to have individual vendor and its corresponding product template and layout.

i have seen this link www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...tml#tuto_vendor_page but i cant see how to create a separate layout.

something similar to the product page layout but a little bit different. example if premium vendor i will add styling to the product border.

2. for the categories

Vendor Category - Not Used
If don't want that the vendor product would be listed in your store but only in the vendor page, you can use the "vendor category".
Because this category is not under the "Product category", products under it would not be displayed in your store except with specific modules or menus.
The Vendor page could include modules, so you would be able to set a "product listing" module which would be linked with the vendor page (showing only the products of the current vendor).

2.1 where will the vendor post his products if his categories will not be published?
2.2 What categories will be created?
2.3 who will create the categories for him?

Because this category is not under the "Product category", products under it would not be displayed in your store except with specific modules or menus.

3.1 what modules and menu can i used so that it will only be visible present to specific vendors?
3.2 i want the vendors page to have visible categories how can i do this?

thanks

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by ronron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
7 years 7 months ago #251174

Hi,

1. Knowing that you can access to the vendor object in the vendor page ; you can create layouts which will adapt depending vendor details (custom field, vendor groups, etc).

$this->element->vendor->...

2. A non published category means that you can display the category or his products with classical HikaShop pages.
But it do not means that a vendor (or you) can put products in a category not published.
Unpublished categories are also used in HikaShop to group products for modules (or discounts) ; So the categories are not visible in a category listing but still allow to generate a "featured products" module.

3. Every HikaShop listing modules can do that. And the state of the category is completely out of the equation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds