• Thank you received: 3
3 years 11 months ago #319233

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.abierto.uy
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hello

Previously they recommended some forum posts on how to set up a location filter for hikamarket vendor posts.
Try to follow the prompts, enable the plugins, in the HikaMarket Vendor User Location Filter and HikaShop Vendor User Location Filter plugins, set the correct column name for the list (the vendor custom field).

But when I create the filter for custom fields, the list of custom field options appears empty, it seems that the existing custom fields are not loaded.

Could you help me create a filter by location, it is very important for e-commerce buyers to know the location of the product.

Thank you !

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 11 months ago #319236

Hello,

Your custom field must be "vendor custom fields" ; fields that your vendor can edit to enter the list of cities or postcode that they "support".
HikaShop filters are not made to support Vendor Custom fields ; only product custom fields.
Thus, I don't know what you have configured for the rest of the fields but if you're using the HikaMarket vendor location module (and plugins), there is no need of HikaShop filter.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 11 months ago #319360

Hello, thanks for the answer

Now I understood that it was not a filter, but a module that you were referring to.
I ask you, is the module the only way to filter products by location?

From my point of view, it is not a good user experience to have to write the name of the city or the postal code. How does the user know which cities exist? for example, perhaps he wrote it with misspellings and it does not give him results even though there are products in that city. Don't you think it's a better user experience, a list of vendor cities? the user chooses the city from the list and the corresponding products are displayed, it does not give rise to errors.

On the other hand, the module does not have a way to clean the search engine so that it shows you all the existing data. It also saves a cookie, or something similar, because if after a search by city on the products page of one category, I access the products page of another category, the filter remains, it keeps showing me the products that match the searched word, although there changed page.

Thank you !

3 years 11 months ago #319363

Hello,

You can use a "multiple dropdown" or "checkbox" custom field if you want to specify all possible values.
then you vendor will have to select (or check) the cities that he can handle.

Because the filters feature is only available in HikaShop Business, we added that "vendor location" in a way that it can work with any edition of HikaShop.
Afterwards, the module with the two plugins allow to filter the content of HikaShop product listing but also HikaMarket vendor listing.
And yes, the search is persistant even if the filter module is not displayed.
The idea behind that feature was mostly "delivery food" ; the customer enter/select his city or postcode and then the website content is display accordingly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 11 months ago #319427

Hello

This module is definitely not what I need so that users who access the list of products can filter and view only those offered in a certain city or region.
Obviously I am not managing to configure the module or it does not work as you tell me. Configure the module according to your instructions on my test site and now no listing works, the category listings that have products are shown empty, the only way to see some products is to search the module by region, without enter any word, otherwise no product is displayed.

I consult again, discarding this module that does not work in me, is there any other way to implement a filter in the product listings, by vendor location?

For example, a car salesman is located in Madrid, another car salesman is located in Barcelona, ​​products from both sellers are shown on the cars category page, I need a filter that shows the list of cities (Madrid and Barcelona, for the example) where the user selects the city they want and only the seller's cars from that city are shown.

Would it work, if I add a custom "city" field to the product and with a mass action fill in that field with the vendor's city and then create a filter for the product's custom field?

Thank you very much, greetings!

3 years 11 months ago #319436

Hello,

Can you please provide details regarding your current configuration ?
It will be easier for us to understand what you have done and give you advice starting that point.
Otherwise I can only talk about "theory" and I'm afraid that it won't help you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319497

Hello, of course I will do my best to explain

The first thing I need to know is if HikaMarket Location Search module would solve the following example

a car salesman is located in Madrid, another car salesman is located in Barcelona, products from both sellers are shown on the cars category page, I need a filter that shows the list of cities (Madrid and Barcelona, for the example) where the user selects the city they want and only the seller's cars from that city are shown.

If your answer is negative, do I have any way to solve the example situation?

3 years 10 months ago #319507

Hello,

I do have the feeling that your example is incomplete ; and I do have the impression that you want to have a filter like an HikaShop filter.
Now if I just stay on your question ; When the "vendor location module" do have a value, the plugins will filter the content and only allow the display of products from the vendor in the selected city.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319552

Good Morning,

If correct, excuse me if I did not say it specifically, a filter similar to the others that I can configure (from hikashop) by category, by price, by characteristics, etc., but that is a filter by location of the vendor that offers that product.

I understand that if I can get the vendor location module to work, I would get a result similar to a filter, but this module is a search engine, the user must write what they are looking for, I was thinking of a filter that shows a list of cities, I consider that it can be a better user experience Is it possible to do any of this, using mass actions and custom product fields?

3 years 10 months ago #319554

Hello,

The module do have a view that you can override and customize.
If you want to replace the text input box with a dropdown ; it is possible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319643

Hi, thanks for your response

Perfect, if you can change it to a dropdown, I love it.

I send you screenshots of the module configuration and both plugins, I configured it on the test site test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/products
As I mentioned before, I cannot understand the operation, when I access the page where the module is, the list only shows 1 product, if a search is made with the empty search field some more products are shown, but not all products of the list, which should show all the existing products and if I change the page, the products of the list are not shown either, although the module is not published on the page

Greetings thank you

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #319669

Hello,

In the plugin "hikashop/vendorlocationfilter", please replace

$filter_mode = $this->params->get('filter_mode', 'zip;city');
By
if($empty_is_all && empty($location_search))
	return;
$filter_mode = $this->params->get('filter_mode', 'zip;city');
So we will skip all the rest of the process if we are sure that there is no search and the setting "empty is *all*" is active.

Regarding the dropdown, the best is to override the view for the module "mod_market_locationsearch / default".
The idea is to replace the input box by a dropdown containing all the cities you want to make available.
The HTML field need to keep the same "name".
<input name="location_search" type="text" value="<?php echo $location_search; ?>" id="hikamarket_vendor_locationsearch_input" placeholder="<?php echo @$params->get('placeholder'); ?>" />
You can use the Joomla JHTML system to help you with the display.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319761

Hello, thanks for answering

The change in the "hikashop / vendorlocationfilter" plugin worked perfectly, now when you load the page the list of products is shown in full. Question, I couldn't find the plugin code in the hikashop views, in the admin panel, so modify the file by ftp, so when updating the components will I lose this change?

On the other hand, I failed to understand the explanation for changing the text field to a drop-down list of cities.
The code that you sent me is the one that I find in the file "mod_market_locationsearch / default", but I don't know with which code I should supplant it, I don't know how JHML works.
Could you give me some more help?

3 years 10 months ago #319828

Hello,

By editing the file directly you will loose your modification at the next update.
For the plugin, the fix will be include in the next release ; so it's okay. Only the module need an override.

HikaShop do not list the Joomla modules for the creation of overrides ; you need to use the Joomla tools for that (Extentions > templates > Templates > YourTemplate Details and Files > Create Overrides > mod_hikamarket_locationsearch )
The line I gave you is the fourth line of HTML in the view.

Regarding JHTML and the "select.genericlist" ; it's related to the Joomla core.
You can find a lot of information regarding Joomla : docs.joomla.org/
But if you want an example of creation of select (even if you want to "echo" it and not "return"), the idea of creating the values and displaying the dropdown can be summarize there :
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/stagin...lpers/select.php#L30

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319875

Hello, thanks for the information

Looking at the example and reading, I notice that I did not know how to explain what I need from this module.
What you are telling me is about hardcode a list of cities in a select, instead of accepting a text in the textbox.

What I would like to have is a dynamic list of the cities corresponding to the cities of the vendors registered on the site, that if there is a new vendor that publishes products, this list will be updated, because to hardcode, it would be a huge list and it would be outdated at the time of registering a new vendor, from a new region.

I understand that this would be a great improvement for the module and that it would be very useful for those of us who use hikamarket on our sites.

Can you develop this improvement? perhaps for a new version of the component.
If you can't do it as a component upgrade, could you do it for me? What would be the cost? if it was a reasonable cost maybe you can buy it.

3 years 10 months ago #319880

Hello,

The value can be hardcoded but it can also be related to an SQL query which will retrieve all values found in the HikaMarket vendor database.

The vendor location system has been developed to be flexible and to allow to use any kind of vendor field ; so vendor can indicate multiple values (multiple cities, range of postcode, etc).
It would be difficult for us to implement such kind of improvement in the official module since it won't feet to the "common usage" of the feature ; most websites which use the "vendor location" are using it for delivery, so they need a "zone" which include several cities or postcodes.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds