import problems

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #1746

how to import products X1, X2,... to category X ? in tables hikashop_product and _price there is no category definied. also in example of documentation the price_currency_id is set to EUR (in text import): is this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13108
13 years 6 months ago #1748

The categories and products are linked by the table hikashop_product_category.
Here is an extract of our documentation about how to assign products to categories during the import:

Finally, you can also have a categories column where you can put a list of categories id or a list of categories namekey. The categories need to be already inserted in HikaShop before.
For example:
product_code,product_name,categories
my_product_1,My first product,"2,13"

This will add one product with 2 categories attached: the category with the id 2 and the one with the id 13. You can find ids of categories on the category listing in the column called ID on the right of the listing.

If you only have one currency on your store, you don't have to fill it. It will be added automatically by the system. Otherwise, as stated in the documentation you can either set the currency code or the currency id in that column and the system will make the conversion automatically if necessary:

In the price_currency_id, instead of the id of the currency you can have the currency code. If the price_currency_id is not specified the main currency of the store will be used.

I really invite you to read our documentation on the import which explains how the system works and gives several examples of how to do it:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/73.html

13 years 6 months ago #1750

when i do an update of prices for example. is it possible to import just price_value and product_code for an updating of prices? so no new records will be added (product_code has to be unique for me...)

13 years 6 months ago #1751

No, if the product code already exists, it will be skipped.

13 years 6 months ago #1752

so, how to update prices ?

13 years 6 months ago #1754

Edit the products and change their prices via the interface.
Or you can also build a SQL query to update the prices with phpmyadmin.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds