Paypal Sandbox

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1789

Hi I'm Hikashop newbie and very impressed with it so far and am looking to it to replace an existing site based on OSCommerce.

I'm trying to test out the Paypal feature against Paypal sandbox, now I've not used that service before either and find it a little confusing and vague how to use it, but i believe i've set my Paypal settings up correctly for the sandbox account in the Payment settings. Alas when i get to the payment method and select Paypal (only choice) i can't progress any further and the screen tays on the same page no error message. I'm also using a paypal sandbox buyer/customer account.

Admittedly i maybe being a bit dim as to what i can acheive with paypal sandbox but if anyone has any experience of trialling your site with it, i'd be very intrested on how you did it and if there's any daft gotcha's to look out for. Is there any loggin in Hikashop to help me find out where the transaction is failing if this is the problem?

many thanks, defo gonna upgrade to essential once I've proven I can get the bare basics out of this system for what i need :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
13 years 5 months ago #1790

Hi,

You will know if there is a problem with your paypal account settings once you're redirected to paypal. If you have a problem before that it's likely that it comes from the way you setup the store plugins. I invite you to follow our FAQ on shipping and payment plugins issues to try to find the problem: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq

13 years 5 months ago #1800

Hi, thanks for the tip but having checked all the relevant payment modules and settings they are published and haven't changed from the default other than email address the paypal sandbox merchant is supposed to use.

what has occurred to me though is that maybe the url that the store fwds the payment process has a slightly different address than the "real" paypal. I will look into this some more and paypal sandbox generally post back the results.

The symptom i'm still experiencing is whenever i click "next" on the checkout page having entered a billing/shipping address and chosen paypal as the only payment option the page refreshes and stays on the same page!?! Does this sound like a possible symptom of my hypothesis?

Have you hikashop guys tested on Paypal Sandbox before at all and had it work wityh defaults?

thanks alot!!!

13 years 5 months ago #1802

just thought to see what happens on Hikashop demo site with paypal and it behaves exactly the same as i'm experiencing if this helps! I understand its a demo and locked down in ways but maybe this a clue as to my issue?????

13 years 5 months ago #1805

Just to be sure, I just tried again on the demo website and I was redirected to paypal at the end of the checkout. So maybe it comes from your browser ?

13 years 5 months ago #1862

hi thanks for helping out with this. I tried the demo one again and after a first fail, and a second click on next let the fwding started to paypal properly and then failed as the demos got no account to link to obviously. It seems to work generally now anyway for me. I've tested my own site on Win7 and Server 2008 machines both running firefox and IE8 and problem occurs on both browsers. I even downloaded a portable apps version of firefox that wouldn't be loaded with any extensions and same issue unfortunately

I've rewound my test site, reinstalled at the root of my hosting (was testing virtuemart too but binned that one off so joomla/hikashop was in a subdirectory previously) i've not touched any of the payment settings other than enabling the paypal plugin and making sure all other relevant HikaShop modules/plguins are published. I'm still stuck in a loop at checkout whereby there is no fwding to paypal and remain on the same checkout screen, no error messages, after pressing next.

:S

13 years 5 months ago #1863

Could you do a screenshot of the checkout page where you are stuck ?

13 years 5 months ago #1864

Hi thanks for quick response :)

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1865

Hi,
I see that you have the "shipping address" view displayed. That means that the system detected that your product had a weight and that means that it needs to be shipped.
I also see that there is no "shipping mehtods" listing. Which means that the system wasn't able to find a suitable shipping method.
That's why the checkout is stuck. This has nothing to do with the payment methods.

Solutions:
1/ Remove the weight on the product if it's not a shippable product.
2/ Check all the shipping options like explained on the FAQ : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq

13 years 5 months ago #1866

Bingo!!! Thank you so much :)

As soon as I enabled a shipping method i got an error message about no shipping methods being configured. Tweaked that, then straight on to a failed paypal attempt.

Thanks for your help, knew it would be something daft i've just not thought through! Will try again now see if i can get paypal sandbox working.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by squeakstar.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds