Enter decimal values for quantity?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #581

I noticed that I can't enter a decimal value in the quantity field when adding a product to my cart. I would like to know if it is possible. For instance we have beef tenderloins that we want to sell for $16/lb but the cuts that we get are between .5 and .6 lbs each. I would like the customer to tell me if they want a .5 or .6 lb cut, or 1.2 lbs for 2 cuts. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 6 months ago #582

Hi,

You cannot enter a decimal value for a quantity. It's not something supported and not something easy to add for us as external services like paypal or the australia post do not support decimal quantity.

The easiest would be to put your product price for a cut and in the description the price in lb for reference. That way your customers could buy 1 cut, 2 cuts etc.

• Thank you received: 13082
9 years 11 months ago #155966

Hi,

This has been possible since more than a year now.
Here is a post explaining how to do:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/85015-ne...hikashop.html#113119

9 years 11 months ago #156908

Hi Nicolas, We sell floor tiles, bathrooms, walls ... and more. Our prices per sq.m. ... how to our consumer imput 1.5 square meters for quantity field in the cart?
Our site is www,donmarin.com
I read in FAQ
How to sell products by Width and Length ?
1. You'll have to install and publish the plugin named "HikaShopCustom Quantity plugin"
2. Create 2 custom fields from the "Item" table named "width" and "length" through "Hikashop->Display->Custom Fields->'New'" , and publish them for the front-end.
And a have two question
in which of the categories to add fields length and width?
address, user, category, product, order ....?
2. instal and publish HikaShopCustom Quantity plugin, and then wath ?
Sorry, I forgot we use Buisines version of HikaShop

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by LIP Trade.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 11 months ago #156922

Hi,

Yes that's indeed the good solution for your needs. You have to create the custom fields in the table "item".
Then publish the plugin, and edit the settings to specify your custom field names, etc.
And the price will change depending on the dimensions.

9 years 11 months ago #157084

Hi again,
We want the costumer to be able to enter in the quantity field values ​​such as, 1.5, 2.5, ....... as this affects the price. Because everyone wants different size from square surface.

9 years 11 months ago #157086

Hi,

Changing the way the quantity field is not a good solution, it will require a lot of modifications in the code, and in core files.

Using the plugin allow to enter the desired size, and will update the price depending on the surface set.
You just have to set the default price for 1kg/m. So id a customer wan 1.5, the default price will be increased by 1.5. ($XX * 1.5)

I you want only one field and not two (one for width and one for length) so you will have to edit the plugin.
I don't see the problem with this solution, I am maybe missing something ;)

9 years 11 months ago #157321

"You just have to set the default price for 1kg/m. Х"
How to do this?

"Changing the way the quantity field is not a good solution, it will require a lot of modifications in the code, and in core files"
We think this is the only solution if you tell us where and what to replace, and with what we will do :)

9 years 11 months ago #157370

Hi,

For the plugin "hikashop custom quantity", you have to publish it, then create a custom field in the table "item", with the Column name "ordered_length" and type "text", enable it for frontend.
Then the customer can set the quantity, for example 1.5, and the price when adding to cart will be multiplied by the desired quantity.

9 years 11 months ago #157511

Hello again, I created the field "length" of type "text" in the category ITEM column named "ordered_length" and publish it, I asked him about ll categories and subcategories plates. Plugin is installed published. But you can not introduce value other than an integer.
For example: http://donmarin.com/katalog/podovi-plochki/granitogres-20-x-20/product/127-pastel-mono-byal-mat-granitogres-20-h-20-sm-1kach.html . For this product in the newly field "length" value entered is 20

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 11 months ago #157528

Hi,
The problem is probably coming from the fact that you're not using the "ordered_length" field through your product front-end page, did you published that field for the front-end ?

9 years 11 months ago #157659

Yes, the field is published for Website part can be seen in the tab "specifications" the last field. See on the product page HERE
donmarin.com/katalog/podovi-plochki/gran...-za-pod.html?popup=1

Attachments:

9 years 11 months ago #157662

Hi,

create a custom field in the table "item"

You created it in the "product" table ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: LIP Trade

9 years 11 months ago #157796

Thank you, and yes, it's my fault, but the translation of Hika Shop in Bulgarian is wrong, the latter two categories from the drop down menu in the categories of the custom fields are not translated correctly, hence my mistake. Now, all right poletoizliza enables users to enter values ​​that we want, but they not be calculated into the final amount.

9 years 11 months ago #158011

Hi,

Thanks to provide us a backend access via private message with a link to that topic in order to see directly the problem on your end.

9 years 11 months ago #158352

Hi Xavier, i sent to you access to our site administration part in private massage

9 years 11 months ago #158443

Could you give me a ftp access to debug the plugin ?
The settings seems to be correct, plugin published, custom field in "item" table, and with the correct column_name..

9 years 10 months ago #158895

Sorry for getting back only now but I am not able to reach your cpanel, I always got a timeout.

9 years 10 months ago #159020

Hey, tell me what you have to make or to send you, no problem .. do it.

9 years 10 months ago #159148

Ok done, you were not using the plugin custom_quantity but custom_quantity_width_length. ;)

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds