After select the "characteristic value" the "quantity value" cannot select quant

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #290220

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6

Hello, I have a problem on front-end product page.
After select the "characteristic value" the "quantity value" cannot be chose.(Click quantity select the dropdown does not work. )
and this problem only happened in Quantity input method: "Show select"
This problem just happen on one website that I managed, the other site I use hikashop is fine.
So, I was wondering where and how to check and fix the problem.

In addition, this is another question:
A product have characteristic for select and the Quantity select is " 2,4,6,8".
When add to the checkout page, the Quantity select still show " 0,1,2,3,4"(and the "1&3" can't be choose.)
I have to set quantity in every variants, could it possible that I just need to set the in product?

Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by rakuzen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 3 weeks ago #290243

Hi,

1. Hard to say without looking at the issue on the page.
It could be a javascript error, an issue with your template, an issue with the chosen library of joomla, etc.
Could you provide a link to such page ?
You can do so via our contact form: www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you include a link to this thread in your message.

2. Again, we would need a link to such product.
Also please provide a screenshot of the settings of that product (and the default variant) so that we can analyze the situation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rakuzen

6 years 3 weeks ago #290296

HELLO!
Thank you for your reply.

About the "Question 2. "
you can enter my test web >>

Moderator : Your attention, follow precisely our advice, for the next time you HAVE to use our Contact us form to provide references

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 3 weeks ago #290307

Hello,

I process some tests on your website, and wasn't able to reproduce your first issue... In any case, I was able to select the quantity.
=> Can you give a step by step process to see by ourself the issue ? Precise as well with which navigator do you use ?

For the second point, the variant quantity as to be set, like the main product in order to restrict quantity selection.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

6 years 3 weeks ago #290502

HELLO~ About first issue, I just send the mail.
Have you receive the e-mail? If yes,please reply to me, thank you.

6 years 3 weeks ago #290511

Hello,

Yes, we have receive your email, but even if the page is a different website, I process some tests and can't see any issue...
As ask previously can describe a step by step procedure and precise your navigator.

Regards

6 years 3 weeks ago #290522

OK!
1) Go to the product page.
2) Select the second type of the product characteristic.
3) Then select quantity value click the drop-down.
It can't show the drop-down menu to choose more quantity.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290528

Hi,

Thank you.
I was able to reproduce the issue and added a patch on our end.
You can download the install package on our website in the menu My account>My subscriptions and install it again on your website to get the patch for that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rakuzen

6 years 2 weeks ago #290569

Hello,
I installed the package, but The issue still exists.
And finally, I found the "Display" > "General display options" > "Use Chosen library" cause the issue.
When I switch to "NO" then select the "characteristic value" the "quantity value" can be chose.
Any way, thank you very much for your kind assistance.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 6 months ago #298601

Hello,
the same issue in my website. The product have characteristics , when select characteristics system do not allow to select the quantity
(quantity is "Show select" ) And I suppose it is related with chosen library.

Something is really not good with chosen library, as I already bumt to second problem with it with in past 2 days. The first one was in shipping manual configurations with restriction weight measures drop-down ( topic link in forumtopic in forum

Could you please help me with this

Thank you

5 years 6 months ago #298606

Hi,

Please provide a link to the product page with the issue so that we can assess the situation.

Regarding the issue from the other thread, the main issue is that your template doesn't assign any width or min-width to the select dropdowns, HikaShop/HikaMarket needs to switch the dropdowns from not displayed to displayed, and the chosen library's javascript doesn't handle the replacing of the dropdowns when they are not yet displayed without a width/min-width.
So the issue comes from the specificities of three different parts. The issue with the characteristic might be similar to that other thread, but it might be something else. Hard to say without looking at the page as we don't have the issue on our end.

5 years 6 months ago #298624

Hello,

we have received your message in our Contact us form, but when I use your access both, nothing seems to work :

Another point, when you use the Contact us form please add an url link to this topic in order to keep the link.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

5 years 6 months ago #298669

Hi,

I'll reply to the different points of your email:

1. Regarding the quantity dropdown not working. That's indeed linked to chosen because of what I was explaining in:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/4-how-to/...t/298624.html#298606
To fix that, you could turn off chosen, or alternatively, you could add CSS to force the size of the dropdown.
For example: .hikashop_product_quantity_div select{ width: 40px !important; }
Make sure tht you put in the CSS of your template.

2. The order of display of the characteristic values doesn't necessarily depends on the order of the variants in the backend or whether a value is used for the default variant or not. The order depends first on how you configured the "Characteristics values ordering" setting in the hikashop configuration. If you selected "ordering" in that setting, like it is by default, the ordering depends on the numbers you entered in the input fields of the order column of the values listing of the characteristics via the menu Products>Characteristics. So you want to check that.

3. For the warning on the HikaMarket payment interface, you can turn off the HikaShop payment common plugin via the Joomla plugins manager as you probably don't use it. We'll add the fix for it in the next version of HikaMarket.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds