How to disallow and allow the same time

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #348195

Hello,
I know how to disallow registration using Joomla but the moment I do that my real customers won't be able to register and buy food, what is the solution, and if there are any opinions and ideas, can Hikashop has own registration instead fo Joomla, Thank you!

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by affaf1952.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 3 months ago #348200

Hi,

What you could do is turn off the joomla registration and set the "registration" setting of HikaShop to "guest". That way, customers will be able to purchase as guests and no one will be able to create user accounts on your website.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #348206

Hello Nick,
is this soltuon will keep the record for the customer if he wants back and see his purchases? that is the concern! Thanks

1 year 3 months ago #348209

Hi,

No, guests won't be able to access their order history.
To be able to access their order history they need a Joomla user account.
If you need that, then you need to allow user registration. HikaShop uses Joomla user account system. So you can't have user accounts for your customers without user registration activated.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #348227

I agree that is all right, and make perfect sense the question again why the asterisk did not force the customer to fill in the information. is it because we are using an auto-complete address plugin or what exactly, I think the most important thing to us is that the customer has to fill in the delivery address. how we can accomplish that ?
Thanks

1 year 3 months ago #348228

Hi,

For anyone else reading this thread, @affaf1952 is now referencing this thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/905687-w...elp-asap-thanks.html

There are many ways the customers won't have to fill a shipping address.
For example, if you have the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration and you didn't set a weight in the products of the cart, no shipping address will be asked to the customer.
Or if you configure the "address" view to only have the billing address and you turned off the "ask address during the registration".
Or if you disable all the address custom fields, or turn off their "required" setting.
Or if you activate the "overriding shipping address" setting of a shipping method and the customer selects that shipping method.
And probably other possibilities I didn't think about while writing this message.
As I said in that other thread, I'll need to be able to look at the situation on the website to be able to assess what is the configuration of your HikaShop in order to understand what could have happened.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds