No Cart On Main Page

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #973

I tried installing the whole shop, and loved it, but when i tested it on my front end, i can add items to cart but there is no way to check out...where is the cart? I cannot find any support for this, i uninstalled the component for now, but i seriously want to get away from Virtuemart...your program is so much easier...but i cannot see any checkout button appearing?

i just add and add products but no checkout, any fix?

I have Joomla 1.5.14
and IE 8 and Firefox...not showing on any.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #975

It's not a bug. It's just a matter of configuration.

Go to the HikaShop menu Display->content modules and edit the hikashop cart module. There, you will be able to select if you want to display the "proceed to checkout" button.

Alternatively, you can go to the configuration page under the tab display and change the option "After a product is added to the cart" so that the user is automatically redirected to the checkout.

Finally, you can also create a joomla menu of type Hikashop checkout step layout on which the user can click in order to go on the checkout page.

13 years 5 months ago #984

Got it! Thanks...another question...how do you change the name of the Product Category? I would like to change it to each product type, but could not find anything to help me there.

13 years 5 months ago #987

"Product Category" is the name of your main category. You can go to Products->Categories, click on "root" in order to display it in the listing and edit it to change its name.
Now, you can't have different names for a category... However, you can have several categories and have your products in different categories...

13 years 5 months ago #1005

In regards to categories, I cannot figure out how to add products into the category that i want, i have created categories, but it always puts it in the main PRODUCTS one, and not the category that i want...hmm..not sure how to fix that...

Also: Is there a way to input flat rate shipping? I would like to charge a flat rate, but cannot seem to do that? I really like this shop, and find it super easy!

13 years 5 months ago #1007

For categories you need to select the parent when creating/editing it: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...form.html#additional
For products, you need to select the categories in which you want to attach it: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...form.html#categories

If you go into System->shipping methods and edit the manual shipping method, you can add/edit shipping methods. There you have a field on the right part of the screen to add a shipping price : www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ing-manual-form.html

13 years 5 months ago #1009

Okay...i figured out the categories on my own, and it matched what you replied, however now that i assigned categories to the products, there are no products displaying in that category?

13 years 5 months ago #1011

On the back end? On the front end ?

13 years 5 months ago #1030

front end...maybe a missing module or association or something!

13 years 5 months ago #1033

In the HikaShop options of the category listing menu, you need to
added an associated module which will handle the display of products:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/67.html#categories_menu

13 years 5 months ago #1039

Okay...I guess this part might be over my head...now my page looks really wonky. www.kenaz.ca/index.php?option=com_hikash...ame=books&Itemid=195 it has the content displayed in multiple colums...i am very confused on how to create a right module, so i am about to toss them all back into the main products category, i just cannot figure out how to display them not in colums?

13 years 5 months ago #1043

You just need to change the type of item layout to "image and title" instead of "image and description" in the options of the module you created for the associated module.

13 years 5 months ago #1048

I am seriously confused. Okay. I created a category called BOOKS, then put all the books into that category, then picked the Category, Listing Menu and then created a module called Products, but now I don't see the category, i am sorry, i am really new to this, i cannot seem to figure out categories at all, or how to display them, i tried following the documentation, but i cannot figure out how to create an 'associated module' or then how to show my categories. I want it to be Our Products, then Books, then whatever, so you have different sections, now i have a list in the Products, but no categories.

13 years 5 months ago #1049

Never mind...I got it! This is an awesome and easy to configure, once you get it down pat.

13 years 5 months ago #1050

Okay, did not get it to work, now even more strange display: www.kenaz.ca/index.php?option=com_hikash...t=listing&Itemid=195 I cannot seem to get this right, so i am just lumpping everything into the main products section with icons...i give up...

13 years 5 months ago #1094

I figured out the menus now! Thank you!

But, question, is there a way to auto apply the tax, it does not seem to add it for me, and that means i would have to add all of the tax manually

Also can you have drop down options like: color or size?

13 years 5 months ago #1096

Tax: You probably forgot something along the way. You need to go to System->Taxation. Create tax rates and tax categories with the buttons on the toolbar. Then create tax rules and finally select the tax category you need in each product when editing it. The documentation : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ing.html#description

Color & size: yes, you need to create characteristics (menu Products->characteristics), and then add those caracteristics to your products.

13 years 5 months ago #1098

i have the tax rates and tax categories but i dont see how to create the 'rule'? I am missing something?

Okay, I thought it had something to do with those charachteristics! good!

13 years 5 months ago #1099

I tried that and got to rules, but it still does not add tax to the products, i dont understand where i am going wrong, made the tax rule and everything, applied it...

we are in Canada so it is a flat 13% no matter where you live. I need to have just one percentage over all products?

13 years 5 months ago #1101

Could you make a screenshot of the tax rules listing so that we can see the rules you created ?

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds