• Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #317687

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- HikaAuction version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #317723

Hi,

Your other question here ( www.hikashop.com/forum/auction-how-to/89...st-price.html#317692 ) is apparently linked to this.
The biggest problem however is that there is no system to reverse the payment direction.
Only a vendor can add a product and only a customer can purchase a product from a vendor.
But what you want is for the customer (the one who won the bid as entering the smaller amount) to get the money from the vendor (the one who added the product to be bid on).
On top of the modifications talked about in the other thread, you would also need to modify way the email notifications are handled in HikaAuction to send a payment link to the vendor after the auction is finished. And on top of that, you would have to modify HikaMarket too since the commissions need to be applied in reverse too.
That looks like a big and complex project, not something you can tweak in a few hours as an urgent problem :/

3 years 11 months ago #317773

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you understand the point. And, unfortunately - I'm worried about this change being quite complicated.

I will try to describe final result (aim) and clear it:

a) all website users are vendors (there are clients and translators but still vendors, all) - does it help?
b) payments - can be only points (someone who orders translation/creates an auction should be ready to pay for it). I'm writing about points because playing with points (+/-) may simplify it. Does it help?

Auction creator (client but also vendor formally) receives all notifications of every bid. Every mail includes link to cart to pay for it with points (easy social). It means that auction "publisher" can choose any time, any offer - and pay for it. (Maybe points to vendor minus commission could work in here?)
I know - I asked for selecting the lowest price one but this, above option: letting auction publisher to decide is our aim.

If we only send an e-mail to "publisher" and let him pay for it - he loses points. When the order is confirmed then Bidder (Translator, vendor also) receives points (using points to vendor plugin) (?)

Does it make sense? This way looks much easier, isn't it?

Best regards,
Radek

3 years 11 months ago #317789

Hi,

a. It doesn't. What matters is the role of the person for the transaction and that doesn't change with everyone being a vendor.

b. This will help you yes. Since payments are made with points, what you could do is just not use the checkout of HikaShop for the payments in points and only use the checkout for the purchase of the points (if needed).
That way, it's easier as you don't need to modify HikaMarket to handle the commissions in reverse. You just need the changes in the other thread, and modifying the email notifications of HikaAuction so that the email notification goes to the vendor with a custom link. And when the vendor clicks on that link, you remove the necessary points from his account. Removing points is easy as it's only 2 or 3 lines of code.

3 years 11 months ago #317804

Hi Nicolas,

Good news, finally - thank you.
So, the point is:
1. we use points payment only (in auctions)
2. email notifications need change to be sent to vendor (auction publisher) with a custom link to let him pay for it, right? (Do you mean - that he will receive every bid notification with a link to checkout/pay for it with points?)

Nicolas,
I'm not a coder but I need help. Believe me.
Could you make this customisation form me, please?
(like you wrote: Removing points is easy as it's only 2 or 3 lines of code.)

I will really appreciate,
Best regards,
Radek

3 years 11 months ago #317806

Hi,

2. No, you only want to send him the notification at the end of the auction, when you know the winner of the auction so that he has a payment link to send the points to the winner of the auction, right ?

3. If you want us to work on that project for you, that's possible. You can use our contact form to request a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure that you specify exactly what you want us to work on.

Now regarding the 2/3 lines of code to add the points, what I mean is that the code to add points to a user in easysocial is only 2/3 lines:

$eas_points = FD::points();
				$userInfo = FD::user( $joomla_user_id );
				$eas_points->assignCustom( $userInfo->id, $points, 'reference number of the auction' );
And that's just for adding points. You need also to remove the points from the vendor account with similar code.
Of course, you need first to load the user ids, check that the auction is closed, that the user doing the points transfer has the right to do so (logged in, etc), you need to load easysocial, and you need to do all that in a controller task. So it needs the development of a proper plugin. It's not just 2/3 lines you can add somewhere in HikaAuction and it will work. The total plugin code will be 200 lines I suppose. And you have to customize the email notifications code too in the System>Emails menu. I actually checked the code of HikaAuction and it will require a few patches in HikaAuction too to be able to override the receiver of the email from the preload section of the email so that the email goes to the vendor and not to the winner.

3 years 11 months ago #317836

Hi,

Ad. 2
Better would be to send him every bid notification to allow him to decide which bid/offer he wants to choose and pay.

3 years 11 months ago #317851

Hi,

Ok, so i that case you still only want to send him the notification at the end of the auction, but you just include a payment link for each bidder in it, and not send him one email notification for each bidder, no ?
Or you want to send him an email notification each time someone adds a bid ? In that case, that would require creating a new email to handle this but I think it's still possible to do it. It's a bit more work though.

3 years 11 months ago #317877

Hi,

It can be:

"Ok, so i that case you still only want to send him the notification at the end of the auction, but you just include a payment link for each bidder in it, and not send him one email notification for each bidder, no ?"

Yes, I mean: One email sent when the auction is ended (mail containing all bids (and links to cart) - because every bid has a different price)

The point/aim is to let him choose the offer.

Do we agree? Am I /are we - clear? :-)

Best,
Radek

3 years 11 months ago #317878

Hi,

We agree yes.

3 years 11 months ago #317933

Hi Nicolas,

OK, let's start. Do you need me to re-write (everything) what we agreed earlier? - publish it in support form here? ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html )

Actually you know the task.
Shortly:
1. We use points payment only
2. There is no automatic auction winner - auction publisher receives an email (when the auction is ended) with all bids and links to cart(s). He decides which bid suits him and clicks it and is redirected to proper cart. He pays with points (if he hasn't - he sees the same notification like current in HikaShop)
3. After choosing some bid, bidder receives an e-mail, confirmation (the same email he receives now - "winner notification")
4.Bidder/Winner receives points (but decreased by the market commission. f.e. 10%)

BTW:
Ad. 4 - will he receive points (pure, only easysocial points)? I'm thinking about "payout". Hmm... :/

Best
Radek

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by radek.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 11 months ago #318021

Hello,

OK, let's start. Do you need me to re-write (everything) what we agreed earlier? - publish it in support form here? ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html )

Sure that's a good idea, we'll study the project on our end and send you a quote asap.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 11 months ago #318069

Hi,

I sent you an email.

Best,
Radek

3 years 11 months ago #318205

Hi,

Have you received my e-mail? Give me some feedback, please.

regards,
Radek

3 years 11 months ago #318215

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, we were studying the project in order to provide the quote as there are several persons involved on our end.
We just sent the email reply right now.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds