cart empty in firefox

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #56908

hi

when i click add to cart in firefox the cart goes back to being empty. The car works ok in chrome

any ideas guys?

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 8 months ago #56936

Hi,

Maybe a cache problem.
Disable the cache in Joomla configuration.
Site -> global configuration -> system -> "Cache settings".
Disable, if it's enabled, a joomla cache plugin.
Check your template' options for a potential cache option and deactivate it.

11 years 8 months ago #56939

Have you tried using compatiblity mode on your browser? Most of the time it will fix up any hiccups your site may have.

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by nicebryce. Reason: Elabaration on compatiblity mode.

11 years 8 months ago #57001

Hi guys

Compatibility mode - Firefox doesn't have a compatibility mode as its always been W3C compliant. I tried it in safe mode but no luck the cart still doesn't update.

Cache Settings - Have turned off and cleared all the caches on the site and (always keep them turned off anyway) but again still no luck in firefox.

Any Ideas? im completely stuck with it :(

Cheers

Nick

11 years 8 months ago #57049

Can you give a link to the shop so that we can see the problem ?

11 years 8 months ago #57115

Heres the link to the main part for you to look at

www.zevizoproperties.com/landlords-servi...12-landlord-packages

Thanks for all your help nicolas

11 years 8 months ago #57170

I tried on my end.
It doesn't work in all the browsers I tried.
So either it's a cache issue, or there is a query error preventing the system to add the product to the cart.
You should try to turn on the debug mode of the joomla configuration and turn off the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" option of the configuration of HikaShop. Then, you might get an error when adding the products to the cart. That would help us understand what's going on.

11 years 8 months ago #57225

Thanks nicloas

i turned debug mode on and when i navigate to the Our Services page i get a error 500 (along with everyother page other than the home page) so i cant even check the errors. I think all of this is related.

I have always turned off the "Use AJAX when possible for add to cart buttons" and cache. So its probably a query error.

I know this is slightly out of your jurisdiction but from your experience what do you suggest i do? the site is all run on a VPS with a host after THEIR recommendation that it would eliminate errors and make my site faster, so effectively i am the server administrator but have no clue where to begin looking for errors like this.

well and truly stuck.

Many Thanks

Nick

11 years 8 months ago #57234

Hi nicolas

I have found that debug mode does not work in chrome only. We can still use debug mode in firefox. would it be possible to use your experience to take a look again for me? i will leave the debug mode on for 24 hours.

In the mean time i will try and figure out debug mode for myself but im a bit slow as iv never used it before.

Many Thanks

11 years 8 months ago #57256

Just a thought but can i hire a hikashop developer?

this site needs to be finished in 14 days and that is proving unlikely. This site has already put me back 3 weeks. First e-commerce site and its proving a technical nightmare.

I do appreciate all your help upto this point but i have to get this done asap or my a** is grass!!

11 years 8 months ago #57315

So there is no error during the add to cart process on your website. So it's not a query error.

All I can see left is a caching issue.

If you can provide a back end access via our contact form with a link to this thread we can have a look at the problem.

11 years 8 months ago #57363

Thanks for all your help on these forums i really appreaciate you helping me.

Spoke to my hosting provider and they say that they have no "server cache" or something that might be causing problems and they say they dont. I have turned off the joomal cache and also the cache in the rocketheme gantry template but still no luck. Will send details over.

Many Thanks

Nick

11 years 8 months ago #57546

Hi,

I checked your website but couldn't find anything in the back end.

Did you change something in the database structure ?
I already saw once a website where all the auto_increment had been removed from the tables caused similar issues... Could you check the structure of the tables of hikashop via phpmyadmin and see if they have the auto_increment ?
www.reg.ca/faq/PhpMyAdminTutorial.html

11 years 8 months ago #57595

Many Thanks nicolas

Cant seem to find a auto_increment table. Strange as i have never even entered the database for this site so i couldn't of removed it. How do i go about adding it? Your tutorial is help full but i have no idea with this much detail.

is it literally just add a table called auto_increment and leave the rest blank?

cheers

11 years 8 months ago #57685

No no no. IT's not the table auto_increment. It's the hikashop tables that you should look at. For example, hikashop_cart and hikashop_cart_product. There, you will have a primary key column (cart_id and cart_product_id in those cases) and you should see an auto_increment for it like in the documentation link above. If not, you would have to add it by editing that column.

11 years 8 months ago #57794

Hi

ok have checked the table and all seems to be ok. They all have auto_increment laid out like the attacthment. Should they all have auto_increment or should it just be the main heading?

any ideas where we go from here? change hosting provider maybe? i am literally stuck.....

Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #57798

Update::

Tried to process order in firefox....works!! Havent touched a thing at least intentionally. The orders work, take me upto pay pal and register in the back end.

Only problem left to fix:

When orders are processed i want the user to fill out a form with their details and upload 4 pictures.

Now i have not tried this style of form yet.....but set up a basic address form to test using the one that's already present.

If the user fills out the form the address inputed wont be shown in the back end. To make this more complicated when i try to manually add the address in the back end through the user section the address form load but once i click ok the address is not added to the users account.

Hope this makes sense...any ideas?

many thanks

11 years 8 months ago #57821

UPDATE:

Experimenting with the form menus turned off address_line2 and can get the address to now update in the front end and the back. but in the back end get the following error on the address (line2) section:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$address_street2 in /var/www/vhosts/lvps212-67-217-114.vps.webfusion.co.uk/zsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/order/tmpl/form_address.php on line 43

what does this mean? how do i fix?

cheers

11 years 8 months ago #57863

UPDATE:

Todays been a busy day!!

Got the form working. All information from the fields form successfully is implemented into the back end for the administrator to see.

Still got the following 2 problems:

Error on section address(line2) section:- Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$address_street2 in /var/www/vhosts/lvps212-67-217-114.vps.webfusion.co.uk/zsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/order/tmpl/form_address.php on line 43

Customers cant upload pictures: On the form i would like the customers to upload x4 pictures when the customer does this at the moment an internal server 500 error occurs.

anybody have any ideas on how these problems can be fixed?

11 years 8 months ago #57888

UPDATE:

Along with the last two problems im finding that hikashop is not working on different computers with the same browser. where it works on chrome and firefox on my PC, the cart will not update on other peoples PC's but using firefox and chrome.

One test required a user to register online then the shop would work on his machine even if logged out.

Can someone explain whats going on?

I can pay a developer to help on this just need it working.....

many thanks

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds