Using filters as advance search

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #30455

Hi,

I have created 5 filters and i want to use them as an advance search module. I have publish the module somewhere that there are no products and when i try to filter something using the fields, then the results are the categories of the products instead of the products. I understand that the purpose of this module is to be shown in the category section in order to re-generate and filter the products of the category, this is working fine. But i also want to keep it separately outside the category and use like search in order to return all the relevant products. Is that possible?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #30457

Hi,

That module was indeed included in HikaShop to do what you want.

If you don't see the products in the results of the module, it's because you didn't set a hikashop category listing menu's id in the "Menu" option of your filter module.

12 years 5 months ago #30516

Hi Nicolas,

I need the filter module to search and return products within all the categories, not a spesific one. Also i dont want the filter to be shown on the category page of hikashop. I only need to have a universal search module with fields in a separate section of the site

12 years 5 months ago #30524

Hi,

Sure, that can be done too.

If you want to hide the filters on the main area, you can add the CSS below:

.hikashop_products_listing_main .hikashop_filter_main_div{ display:none; }

If you want to display the results within all the products, make sure that in the products listing associated to the menu you set in the "menu" option of your module, you set the option "sub element filter" to "all sub elements".

12 years 5 months ago #30579

Hi Nicolas,

On your first reply you mentioned
"If you don't see the products in the results of the module, it's because you didn't set a hikashop category listing menu's id in the "Menu" option of your filter module."

Can you specify where do we get the category listing menu id. I have tried the following but still displays categories instead of products:
- Create menu item Hikashop -> Category Listing
- Set Hika options after first save
- Assign this menu item id to the module menu id

- Create menu item Hikashop -> Product Listing
- Set Hika options after first save
- Assign this menu item id to the module menu id

Both the above options seem to fail to do what I need them to do.
Can you share some actions that I am missing

Thanks again

12 years 5 months ago #30590

The first option is the correct one.

But you need to properly set the menu's options and its associated module's options.
Namely, in the associated module of your menu, you need to change the option "sub element filter" to "all sub elements".

12 years 5 months ago #30633

Hi Nicolas,

I am attaching a document outlining the whole process with steps how this was tested (method 1 as described above in previous post).
The results of the filtering is again categories instead of products. Can you please identify what should be changed in order for the results of the filter to be products form the chosen category and sub categories

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by webarts.

12 years 5 months ago #30681

Hi,

As I said, in the associated module of your menu, you need to change the option "sub element filter" to "all sub elements".
When you're on step 9, you should do that.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds