Remove registration from checkout

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #177120

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 32.0.3

Hello,

Been messing with this for awhile and tried everything I could find on the form, but can't seem to work it out. I want to remove the registration option from the checkout page. I want users to use the registration form I've created on the site because I need to retrieve a lot info from the users. At the same time I must require users to be registered in order to access their checkout.

If I could hide the: hikashop_checkout_login_right_part section of the checkout or registration radio button under the "switcher" option that would do the trick.

I've been playing around with the login_form.php and login.php files, but I get errors when I remove or comment out the sections that appear to be associated with these section.

Hoping there is a work around. This form post seemed to be along the right track, but I couldn't get any of the options suggested to work:

www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/870405-p...checkout.html#167769

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago #177129

Hello,

I want to remove the registration option from the checkout page

If you want to enable your customers to checkout without registering, you'll just have to
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"
- Set the "Display method for registration" option to All in one page
- Set the "Registration" option to Guest

Note that the Registration / Display method for registration options are only available through an Hikashop commercial version.

I need to retrieve a lot info from the users

Note that you can use custom fields to customize the content of the hikashop registration form and gather your user information.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #177260

That was not the answer I was hoping for...
Registration must to be required. I can't have users checkout as guest. I want them to register through the form that I have already created as this allows me to export user/client info to excel and csv files, while registering for the site/store. I have the essentials store installed for this site.

Figured it out though. Knew I was close. In the login.php file in /components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl delete this code line 66-74:
<?php
$usersConfig = JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
$allowRegistration = $usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration');
if($allowRegistration || $this->registration[2]){
echo hikashop_getLayout('user','registration',$params,$js);
}else{
echo JText::_('REGISTRATION_NOT_ALLOWED');
}
?>

Then delete on line 62-64:

else {
echo JText::_('HIKA_REGISTRATION');
}

This will remove the title on the right side. Also make sure you have your Login/reg configuration in the hikashop backend set to the same settings as in the screen shot. Otherwise your login.php code will be different.

-->system -> configuration -> Login & Registration

Hope this helps people with similar predicaments.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds