• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #275084

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : N/A
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A

Hi,

I'm creating a new topic to avoid further confusion. I have pretty much the same issue as seen here: www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/891280-c...fication-emails.html

I have many products with custom 'item' fields and since doing an update they no longer show up in the admin emails. This is a pretty big issue for us.

- The admin email has no modifications.
- The 'item' custom fields do not show in the admin email.
- Custom 'order' fields DO work and show correctly in the admin emails.
- The custom 'item' fields DO show in the checkout.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
6 years 9 months ago #275135

Hi,

I've made a complete answer for both you and a2zcs on the other thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/891280-c...n-emails.html#275134
Please check the different points.
It must be one of them.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #275179

Hi,

There is no item table. The custom item fields are added as columns in both the hikashop_cart_product and the hikashop_order_product tables since the custom item fields data needs to be stored together with the product in the cart and in the order.
So you'll find the data there.

The problem can come from several things:
- You don't have all the patches that we added in June for the custom item fields. So check the build number next to the version number in the HikaShop configuration. The first numbers of the build number correspond to the date. For example, a build number like 1707241513 indicates that you have all the patches we published for HikaShop 3.1.1 until the 24th of July 2017. So in the case of @a2zcs, it should not be a problem. If unsure, just download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get all the latest patchs.
- You have a custom override of the email. Go in the menu System>Emails and check that the customization columns there are empty for the emails for which you have the problem.
- The settings of the custom field in the database do not reflect what you see when you edit the custom field. Save the custom field settings once to avoid that.
- The data of the custom field is missing in the database. If you have the custom item field displayed on the products listing of the order details page in the backend, then it is not that problem.

On my end, I tested a custom item field with a restriction on a product with variants:
monosnap.com/file/V3bwKxGbWq1g4p6JMyss63EfmUsvJO
monosnap.com/file/VLoI92fVynymt0awEXNyiPwH3aP4y7
And as you can see, the custom item field is displayed on the notification email.
So I don't see how it could be a bug in HikaShop.

1. com_hikashop_business_v3.1.1_2017-08-01_03-19-54.tar / HikaShop Business 3.1.1 [1707282317]
2. Yes I did on a single email. I believe it's not the admin email any AND I also removed the override, then tested, and still not fixed.
3. Resaved custom field, tested, not fixed

4. I can not see the custom field in the backend order view. How do I test this further?

Thanks again for the help.

• Thank you received: 13102
6 years 9 months ago #275187

Hi,

4. Then, first make sure that you have the display settings all activated in the custom field and check again to make sure that the custom item field data is missing, because it might just be that you turned off the display setting for the products listing of the backend order details.
If you still don't have the data of the custom field displayed on the products listing of the backend order details, then your problem is not a display problem like @a2zcs on the other thread (because he does have the data).
Your issue is that the custom item field data is either lost when you click on the add to cart button or when the order is being created.
You're saying that the custom field do show on the checkout, so that would lead to the problem being with the creation of the order at the end of the checkout.
In that case, as we've never encountered such problem at the end of the checkout with the 3.1.1, we would need to reproduce the issue.
Please make sure that all the display settings of the custom field are turned on, and provide precise instructions in order to reproduce the issue on your website and a backend access via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds