Easy checkout process

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319913

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

Hi all,

I would like to understand if there's a method to set an easy checkout process without user registration and with Paypal payment method ( HikaShop Paypal payment plugin)...

My questions are:
1. is this possible with the starter versione of Hikashop?
2. is there a way to let customers insert an address for shipping info without registratrion?
3. how to set the checkout process in the admin panel?

I've been lookin in the forum to get my answers but I've found very old posts...and I wasn't able to set it properly.

Could you tell me what I have to do?
I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you!
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 10 months ago #319915

Hi,

Well, yes and no.
With HikaShop Starter, you have one solution: you configure your checkout to only display the cart and the payment method and configure the PayPal Express Checkout payment method to display the button to go directly to PayPal from the cart.
That way, the order will be created with the information coming from PayPal and you won't have a checkout on you website.
Otherwise, with HikaShop Essential and Business, you can have a normal checkout on your website and set the "Registration" setting under the "Checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration to "guest". That way, the users will be able to enter just their address and email address and not registration needed.
Besides the payments methods and shipping methods, which you can configure under the System>Payment methods and System>Shipping methods menus, the checkout can be configured under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration. You'll find everything you need there.
And here is a tutorial on how to configure the checkout workflow:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #320001

Hi Nicolas,
thank you for your answer, I really appreciate your suggestions.

My only doubt is about the shipping: I have to handle the shipping cost too... If I'm not wrong, I will add the Shipping Tab in the check out process hoping that this tb will not affect the rest of the process you've described.

By the way, I have the text length problem in product description still: it seems to be a description length set somewhere... I can display only the first three rows of the description and I can understand why.

About the business edition, I have already talked with my friends to tell them to upgrade the version of Hika to the Essential or Business, but since they got a small business, they would like to test the selling on line before purchasing the software... They told me that maybe in the future, if the ecommerce platform get a good feedback from their customers, they will upgrade the software for sure... And I hope this will happen.

Meanwhile I would like to thank you for showing friendliness to me and my questions.

Greetings from Italy!
Dave

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Ursini.

3 years 10 months ago #320037

Hi,

Thanks.

If the customers goes through your checkout, then the shipping costs will be charged unless your products don't have a weight and you have the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting turned off, or you've configured the PayPal Express checkout payment plugin to skip the whole HikaShop checkout. In that last case, I think PayPal has some settings to configure the shipping fees in your merchant account.

Regarding the product description, I'm not sure what you mean. Are maybe talking about the description preview which is limited to 300 characters ? Could you provide a link to a product page with the issue ?

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 10 months ago #320331

I am sorry to Hijack this thread but I want the same!
Except I don't need Shipping - Digital Downloads only...

So Nicolas I am going to take your advice from here :
"with HikaShop Essential and Business, you can have a normal checkout on your website and set the "Registration" setting under the "Checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration to "guest". That way, the users will be able to enter just their address and email address and not registration needed.
Besides the payments methods and shipping methods, which you can configure under the System>Payment methods and System>Shipping methods menus, the checkout can be configured under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration. "

1) I have enabled the Checkout as : Guest
2) I want an easy download after Paypal Payment - Does this mean I need the Paypal Express Payment? -
I see 2 Options :
HikaShop Paypal Advanced payment plugin
HikaShop Paypal Express Checkout payment plugin
Which of these do I need to enable and where can I get the API Username & Password?
3) What else needs to be configured to just have a simple no registration, Pay and Download Shop?
4) With this option - does it mean I won't ever get a tribe of buyers that I can send marketing emails to for future sales?
5) I have the Paypal Payment method enabled at the moment and I set it to "Get Notifications" but I still don't see a way for users to be able to go directly to a Download page where they can Download the product..? Unless the Paypal Sandbox does not give this option?

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Uriel.

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 10 months ago #320406

Hello,

We will answer you step by step.
"2) I want an easy download after Paypal Payment - Does this mean I need the Paypal Express Payment? -
I see 2 Options :
HikaShop Paypal Advanced payment plugin
HikaShop Paypal Express Checkout payment plugin
"

Both payment plugin allow you to build a guest checkout but the Express checkout will offer to your customer to process his payment directly on Paypal process, without run all the HikaShop checkout step.
And so, you have the choice on this point.

"3) What else needs to be configured to just have a simple no registration, Pay and Download Shop?"
Best is to reproduce my screenshot configuration of my Checkout, in Checkout tab => Login & Registration part :

"4) With this option - does it mean I won't ever get a tribe of buyers that I can send marketing emails to for future sales?"
Even in guest mode, HikaShop have to collect some information and so email is save in customer listing and associated with each order.

"5) I have the Paypal Payment method enabled at the moment and I set it to "Get Notifications" but I still don't see a way for users to be able to go directly to a Download page where they can Download the product..? Unless the Paypal Sandbox does not give this option?"
In order to explain you, the product download isn't directly managed by Paypal or any other payment methods, payment method will only leads order to be mute as "confirmed", and that this confirmed status that will allow your customer to download there elements.
When the order is mute to confirmed then your customer must received the order status notification email, and with it a direct download link.

Hope this will be more clear on your side.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Philip.

3 years 10 months ago #320447

Hi Phillip,
Thank you for the detailed reply with screenshots and everything - I value that!

One thing I am not understanding - I understand what you are saying about the only thing that can make an Order Downloadable is the fact that it gets "CONFIRMED" -

I need this confirmation to happen Automatically when the Paypal Payment is received.
How can I make this Automatic Please?

3 years 10 months ago #320452

Hi,

So you means that the order status is not changed to "confirmed" automatically after the payment ?
In that case, it's a payment notification issue. It can come from many things.
We've actually written a documentation you can follow here on that issue:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
However, the most common issue is that you've activated the "enable validation mode" setting of the PayPal payment method, and in that case, you need to manually validate the payments in your PayPal merchant account so that the order gets confirmed and then the download link is sent to the customer.
If you want it all automatic, you should turn off that setting.

3 years 10 months ago #320476

Hi Nicolas,

"So you means that the order status is not changed to "confirmed" automatically after the payment ?" - Yes that's exactly what I mean.
I have now changed the .htaccess to a standard Joomla one and I also changed the Paypal Payment as you suggested. - Please see attached screenshot with settings.

I have read through the Paypal documents and I am not finding anything else I need to change.

I have furthermore disabled Redirect Plugins, Sitemaps plugins and all other things that I think could cause issues and I am still not getting a CONFIRMED states on orders, after Paying with Paypal Sandbox.

When I return to the site I see :
You can now access your order here.

I receive the emails a Buyer and Seller would receive, but the Order Stays Pending.
I am also attaching the Notifications from Paypal Sandbox

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #320486

Hi,

The payment method is properly configured.
Check that the payment is not pending validation in the PayPal sandbox merchant account.
You might need to manually validate it there to send the payment notification to your website.
Also, check the IPN history of the merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/not...0the%20IPN%20message .
This logs the payment notifications sent by PayPal to your website after payments are done.
It might contain information on why the payment notifications are not being received.
Finally, I would also recommend to activate the "debug" setting of the payment method. Then, do a test payment and check the "payment log file" in the HikaShop configuration. If the plugin receives the notification but can't handle it for some reason, it will be logged in there.

3 years 10 months ago #320558

Hello,

Moderator : I remove your post because the attachement can be dangerous for your own safety, and here your message :

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The payment method is properly configured.
Check that the payment is not pending validation in the PayPal sandbox merchant account.
You might need to manually validate it there to send the payment notification to your website.
Also, check the IPN history of the merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/not...0the%20IPN%20message .
This logs the payment notifications sent by PayPal to your website after payments are done.
It might contain information on why the payment notifications are not being received.
Finally, I would also recommend to activate the "debug" setting of the payment method. Then, do a test payment and check the "payment log file" in the HikaShop configuration. If the plugin receives the notification but can't handle it for some reason, it will be logged in there.

Hi Nicolas, thank you for the reply...
I am not sure where to check if the Paypal Sandbox Payments need to be validated but I do see this on the Receipts :
Payment sent from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

There is currently nothing on the Paypal IPN History...
I got to a page that specifies that I need to enter a URL to receive IPN Messages:
Edit Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings

PayPal sends IPN messages to the URL that you specify below.

To start receiving IPN messages, enter the notification URL and select Receive IPN messages below. To temporarily stop receiving IPN messages, select Do not receive IPN messages below. PayPal continues to generate and store IPN messages until you select Receive IPN messages again (or turn off IPN).

Notification URL - ??
I am not sure which URL to enter...?

I am attaching the Payment Plugin Log File that you suggested

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Philip.

3 years 10 months ago #320560

Ok no problem, How can I get the Log file to you?
(I replaced the addresses and email addresses already before attaching it)

3 years 10 months ago #320567

Hello,

Don't worry about it, I have share it to the all HikaShop Team, and the answer will come quite soon
Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Uriel

3 years 10 months ago #320574

Hi,

If you check the log file you sent, you can see this line:

[payment_status] => Pending
This indicates that the payment is pending on your merchant account.
So it's normal that the order is not confirmed.
If you log to the merchant account on the sandbox, you'll see that the payment is pending and you need to validate it.
This should not happen with the "enable validation mode" setting turned off in the payment method.
However, as you're using the sandbox, this might be something inherent to the sandbox account.
I would recommend to check with the PayPal merchant support.
www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Envi...ing-why/td-p/1417716
Note that when you use the PayPal sandbox, you need to use a paypal sandbox account and in the "email" setting of the payment method, you need to enter the email address of the PayPal sandbox merchant account.
Reading that thread, if you don't do that, then the payments will be pending.
So I assume that the problem comes from that.

3 years 10 months ago #320651

Thank you Nicolas,

For anyone else struggling with this please note :
Use the Paypal Snadbox DEFAULT email accounts in your Payment Method in Hikashop.
That's ALL I changed and it's working!

So by Default PayPal Sandbox will give you something like :
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Use the facilitator account in the Hikashop Paypal Payment Method and PAY with the "Buyer" email account when you test a transaction with Paypal Sandbox

An entire weeks battling could have been avoided by simply doing this :(

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Uriel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds