Where is the discount button/code entry?

• Thank you received: 3
2 years 7 months ago #335519

Hello,

I see that the coupon button appears at the point of going to the checkout where you enter your details to register etc. However, where does the discount button/code entry appear - is it right at the end of the registration process before final payment?

Thanks

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 7 months ago #335529

Hi,

On the checkout, you have two places linked with coupons:
- the "coupon" view which displays the input field to enter the coupon code and a button to validate, which will then be replaced by the coupon code and a cross icon to remove the coupon from the cart. This view can be moved/removed with the "checkout workflow" setting under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html
- when a coupon has been added to the cart, the "cart" view, which display the list of the products in the cart, will display between the subtotal and the total a row labeled "coupon" with the amount of the coupon to be deducted from the subtotal.

2 years 7 months ago #335541

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply. I probably did not make my question clear. Basically, the coupon works fine and I can see that it can be added at the point of registration when buying a product. What I would like to know is that I want to email a discount code e.g. 'Save10' and enter 10% in the percentage box in the discount tab under the 'orders' tab. So, when a customer wants to use this code, they can enter it during checkout to get 10% off their purchase.

After playing with the system I can get all of my products in the listing to show the normal price and the discounted price but I don't want this as it means everyone can get the discount. So, how do I enable a discount box where the customer has to enter the discount code ('Save10' for 10% discount) at the checkout?

Thanks again,

Simon

2 years 7 months ago #335543

Hi Nicola,

I'm stupid! I've just gone into the coupon tab and realised there is a percentage box as well as a flat rate.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks.

Simon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds