The minimum order amount for each category separately.

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 months ago #336347

This is what is sorely lacking.
You need to be able to set the minimum order amount for each category separately.

Example:
Category 1 - minimum amount 2000
Category 2 - minimum amount 5000
If the order contains goods only from Category 1, then the minimum amount is 2000
And if the order contains goods of Category 1 and Category 2 or only Category 2, then the minimum amount is 5000

Is there such a possibility?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 6 months ago #336353

Hi,

Not really. You could do it in a round about way by using the minimum/maximum weight and minimum/maximum volume settings of shipping methods.
You would:
- create a set of shipping methods with a maximum weight of 1
- create a set of shipping methods with a maximum volume of 1
- create a set of shipping methods with a minimum weight of 1 and a minimum volume of 1
- set a weight of 0 and a volume of 2 in products of category 1
- set a weight of 2 and a volume of 0 in products of category 2
That way, when you have only products of category 1 in the cart, you'll get the first set of shipping methods for the cart and thus you can configure them with a minimum price of 2000.
And when you have only products of category 2 in the cart, you'll get the second set of shipping methods for the cart and thus you can configure them with a minimum price of 5000.
And when you have both types, you'll get the third set of shipping methods in the cart and you can configure them with a minimum price of 5000.

Now if you have three categories for which you want to do that, I don't see a solution. The limits system ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...limits-tutorial.html ) available in Products>Limits would allow you to easily configure this with as many categories as you want, however it only handle maximum restrictions, not minimum restrictions at the moment. So it would require some development to be able to do it with it.

2 years 6 months ago #336356

Today I'll try to figure it out ...

2 years 6 months ago #336367

Yes, It works for switching warehouses.
But for me it does not block ordering and sending an invoice for payment for the customer. How to block checkout? How to block sending an invoice to a customer for a payment less than the specified amount?
Now how have I temporarily resolved the issue of the third group. There is no minimum amount limit. I just created a separate warehouse for this group, and limited one of the types of delivery to this warehouse.
The question remains open.

2 years 6 months ago #336369

Hi,

If you enter your threshold in the "minimum price" setting of your shipping methods, then they won't be available on the checkout if that minimum is not reached.
And in that case, on the "shipping" view of your checkout workflow, you'll get an error message saying that the amount is too low and it will block you from proceeding.
Supposing that your setup these minimum prices and you can still finish the order, I suppose that you must have removed the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration, and in that case, even if there is no shipping method, the system will let you finish the checkout.
So please check on that.

2 years 5 months ago #336387

Everything works! Thanks a lot for the consultation. You have a very good product.

PS. Of course, I really hope that the minimum order amount by category will appear in the future. This will greatly simplify the settings.

• Thank you received: 9
1 year 9 months ago #342630

I'm sorry to bump this topic after 8 months but I came across this when I was searching in this forum.
I have a category with samples of my regular products and they cost from €0.20 to €0.40 each.
I want the minimum quantity of that category to be 5.
But it seems that the above solution does not work for me because customers should also be able to order normal products besides the samples.

Has anything changed or somebody found a workaround for it?

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by HSD.

1 year 9 months ago #342631

Hi,

You could configure a warehouse and select that warehouse for these sample products and then create shipping methods restricted to that warehouse with a minimum quantity of 5.
That way, sample products and regular products would be separated during the checkout, each group with its own shipping method selection.
And if no shipping method is found for the sample products group, the checkout will be blocked with an error message telling the user that no shipping methods were found because it requires more products (the message can be customized).
The downside of this solution is that it means that if someone purchase both sample products and regular products in the same order, he will pay shipping for each type of products (the total shipping cost will be the sum of the shipping fee for each group).

Besides this, I know BrainForge has developed a manual shipping method plugin with more options:
www.brainforge.co.uk/shop/hikashop-menu-...hopshipping_bfmanual
Maybe this plugin's advanced options might be able to help you out. I would recommend checking with them directly as I'm not familiar with the extra settings in that plugin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: HSD

• Thank you received: 9
1 year 9 months ago #342647

Thank you very much Nicolas.
I will check it out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds