• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 3 weeks ago #340561

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 98.0.4758.109

Hi

If the customer views the cart and then empties it without checking out, he is redirected to the Joomla login page.

As we are just using the guest checkout and not asking for registration at all, I would like to change this to redirect to the products page. Is this possible?

Thanks
x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 3 weeks ago #340562

Hi,

In the settings of the HikaShop configuration, you have an option called "URL where you will be redirected when the cart is empty". So you can enter there the URL you want.

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 3 weeks ago #340565

Hi Nicolas
Thank you for your help.
I had changed this but for me it works only when you try to access the cart and it is empty, or if I empty the cart from the checkout page.

If I add something to the cart and remove that item from the cart on the view cart page, I am redirected to the login page with the following alert message:
"info
Successfully Saved
Please login first"

Sorry I should have been more specific and I think you will need the url to see it as perhaps it is not meant to do thi.

www.omegapointpress.org.uk/jom/shop

x

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 3 weeks ago #340568

Hello,

That's because your link points to not the checkout but the cart view from the user control panel.
And that you have this log in request because emptying this view of the cart, you are redirected to log in, in order to be in the panel user.

Now, our suggestion, why don't you use the classic Checkout url link ? And then you will be sure that when your cart will be emptied you will be redirected like Nicolas told you.
Hope this will help you and fit your needs.

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JenDee

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 3 weeks ago #340579

Hi Phillip

Thank you for explaining. I do feel that a View Cart link should be what it says and not checkout. People may want to view the cart before checking out and on the checkout page the cart details are right at the bottom. Perhaps a case for both, I'll see

I think I will redesign the login page to make more sense if people end up there and possibly change the Info alert message

Thank you for your help
Best regards
Jennie x

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 3 weeks ago #340586

Hi,

Note that the cart view being at the bottom of the checkout page is just the default behavior. You can easily change that with the Checkout workflow area under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: JenDee

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds