Clicking Next button after entering guest details in checkout goes to empty page

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 7 months ago #345079

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.34
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 105.0.5195.127
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgContentJComments has a deprecated constructor in /home/alpineoi/public_html/restaurant-uniforms.com.au/shop/plugins/content/jcomments/jcomments.php on line 25

When we fill the guest details (no registration details needed) then click "Next" button, the page returns to empty with no cart and items visible.

However when we refresh the same page, the cart and items now appears.

Any idea on why this bug occurred to show empty?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 6 months ago #345085

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on your website. I tried with several browsers.
Are you able to reproduce the issue with another browser ?

Could it be that it only happens with some specific products in the cart ?

1 year 6 months ago #345160

Hi Nicolas,

The "blank page" issue showed once (after adding 1 item and go to checkout to enter the guest details for first time then click Next button), however if we go to continue adding other products then go to checkout page (when the guest details are already entered), the blank page issue is no longer visible and instead showing the cart properly.

The steps reproduced as follows:
1) Visit suffix /shop/hikashop-categories
2) Add product to cart
3) Go to check out page at suffix /shop/hikashop-categories/check-out
4) enter the guest details
5) Click "Next" button
6) the cart is not visible (along with shipping and payment method details as well as button "Finish")

I wonder if it is related to the checkout force SSL setting or checkout menu to custom hidden URL such as "product-categories" (but I had the setting for checkout menu to "hikashop-categories" which is hikashop type menu)

1 year 6 months ago #345171

Hi,

The issue comes from javascript errors generated by the Pay Later code you've added as a custom code to your checkout as it is not valid.
Please remove that and it should work fine.
As I said to you in another thread, this is not necessary as it is just to display an information message to the user.
The pay in 4 payment method, will be handled by the PayPal checkout plugin.

1 year 6 months ago #345177

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Do you mean the custom code that need to be removed are the ones that font tag container wrapping the Paypal's rendering code?
<font color="black"><div data-pp-message data-pp-style-layout="text" data-pp-style-logo-type="inline" data-pp-style-text-color="black" data-pp-amount="<?php echo round($this->full_total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax, 2); ?>"></div></font>

So that we will only need to use this
<div data-pp-message data-pp-style-layout="text" data-pp-amount="<?php echo round($this->full_total->prices[0]->price_value_with_tax, 2); ?>"></div>

Is that right?

1 year 6 months ago #345178

Hi,

I don't know. What I can tell you is that if you look at the console log of your browser while on the checkout page, you'll see a javascript error coming from the PayPal JS SDK you've added to the page. And if you click on the "next" button, that error will pop again, preventing the javascript code of the HikaShop checkout from fulfilling its role. And that's why the checkout area becomes empty as it fails between when HikaShop's JS remove the HTML from the area and adds the new one.

1 year 6 months ago #345193

Thanks Nicolas,
So that means there is clash of conflict between Hikashop JS and Paypal SDK JS on the real-time processing on the checkout form?
What about changing to 4-step tab multi-step checkout, rather than one page checkout?

1 year 6 months ago #345215

Hi,

I suppose that the issue is that the JS from PayPal monitors the HTML where you add your attributes. And when HikaShop refreshes the elements on the page, the JS from PayPal sees the HTML disappear and fails.

There is surely a way to make it work. It would require studying the integration documentation, and implementing it and debugging the situation. Please understand that this is outside the support we can provide here.

1 year 6 months ago #345235

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your reply.
In that case, I was thinking maybe of changing one page checkout (guest form) to multi-step checkout (for example Step 1 Guest, Step 2 cart, Step 3 Payment). That way it does not need to dynamically load cart once pressed next in the same page?
In the case if we are using Paypal Checkout it means would be displayed in Step 3 and we don't need to use Credit Card option using Paypal Pro (which was previous plugin still enabled).
Looking towards to your thoughts on this.

1 year 6 months ago #345239

Hi,

That might work, yes.

1 year 6 months ago #345280

thanks do you have link to multi step checkout plugin that was used in the hikashop demo?

also would you happen to have direct private messaging to contact you directly to provide the link to shop so you can see what the issue was?

1 year 6 months ago #345291

Hi,

There is no plugin used on our demo website to do that. We just configured this in the "checkout workflow" setting of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

To provide private information, you can use our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Just make sure you include a link to the forum thread for which you're providing the information.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds