• Thank you received: 0
9 months 6 days ago #353843

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 115.0.5790.110
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Access Forbidden

Hi,

I am trying to get Paypal Checkout to work in Sandbox mode but am having the following issues:

1. When the Cart goes to the Payment page at the link above I get all of the module positions displaying that I have on other pages. How do I suppress these modules?

2. I also get a Coupon field showing and cannot find out how to suppress this.

3. Selecting Finish from this page just gives an error message "Access Forbidden" and the following in the Debug file:
Array
(
[error] => invalid_client
[error_description] => Client Authentication failed
)

But the Paypal Checkout plugin shows successful connection to the client!!

4. Also in testing this I notice that my default customer details are picked up automatically. I have tried deleting myself as a customer but the delete doesn't work. I need to be able to test this as a new customer and enter all the new customer details. How can I do this?

Any help with these issues greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
9 months 6 days ago #353844

Hi,

1. You need to create a menu item of the type HikaShop checkout in the Joomla menu manager and then select that menu item in the "force menu on checkout" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

2. Configuration your checkout workflow to remove the "coupon" view:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

3. That's the first time I see this. Can you try again with the "debug" setting turned on in the payment method ? Then, you should get debug information available in the "payment log file" of the HikaShop configuration page. We would need to get a look at that debug information to be able to better understand the situation.

4. Logout from your frontend. If you don't have a way to logout on your frontend, you can configure the Joomla login module via the joomla modules manager to display a logout button.

9 months 6 days ago #353853

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes I have done this and it works well.

2. With this I don't have any Coupon options set and in the Cart "Show Coupon Price" is set to "No" - I can't see any other Coupon options.

3. I had the Debug option set already and put what was in the log file in my original post.

4. But I am not logged in at the front end, the site doesn't have any login facility. So I have logged out at the backend to see if this makes a difference but it still picks me up by default.

Thanks and regards,

Gary

• Thank you received: 612
9 months 5 days ago #353862

Hello,

2. Sorry but we aren't sure to follow you, can you details what can prevent you to follow the Nicolas solution?
What the point with "Show Coupon Price" is set to "No"?
IF you have other coupons (and obviously want to continue), you can only unpublished your unwanted coupon entries (in Orders dropdown => Coupons).

3. Sorry for this, but where we can get your log file ?

4. Then you can use the "private browsing" mode of your browser.
There, your site will not be able to identify you as known (cookies or already logged in)

Regards

Last edit: 9 months 6 days ago by Philip.

9 months 5 days ago #353888

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

2. I want to remove the Coupon field from the Checkout page (as shown in the attached screen capture) but when I go to the page that Nicholas pointed me to I cannot find any option for suppressing it. How do I do this?

3. The contents of the logfile are displayed in the text of my original post but I have copied them here again:

Array
(
[error] => invalid_client
[error_description] => Client Authentication failed
)

But, as I said, the Paypal Checkout Module shows me "Successfully Connected" to Paypal.

4. I have tried going to Incognito Mode in Chrome after logging out of the back end but still when I go to Checkout it defaults to me, so I cannot test the process for adding Customer Details.

Any further help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Attachments:

9 months 4 days ago #353899

Hi,

2. If you hover on the coupon view in your checkout workflow, you'll have a delete cross appearing on the top right corner of the coupon view. Press on it and then save the checkout workflow and that's it.

3. Regarding that error I found this:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/REST-APIs/Ht...ot-quot/td-p/2011964
Basically it says that you probably have the credentials for the live environment with the "sandbox" setting turned on in the payment method, or vice-versa. Try toggling the sandbox setting and saving the payment method. It should hopefully help.

4. You're saying "when I go to Checkout it defaults to me, so I cannot test the process for adding Customer Details.". So to make sure, I went on your website, added something in my cart and went to the checkout. And I didn't get any form to provide customer details. So from what I understand, it's not that the checkout "defaults to you". I think the issue is that you removed the "login" view of your "checkout workflow" and that's why the checkout doesn't ask for any customer information since that's the role of the "login" view. Please add it back to your checkout workflow.

9 months 4 days ago #353901

Hi,

Thanks again for your input I really appreciate it.

2. OK I now understand how this works and have suppressed the coupon.

3. Well it would appear that the API Credentials in my Paypal account had somehow changed (Paypal is just weird these days). So I put the new ones in and it tried to process the transaction but it came back with a message saying "Please select a payment method". However on the previous screen there is only 1 payment method which is Paypal Checkout and it is therefore selected. Any ideas?

4. OK I have put the Login back and it now puts up the Login screen but I removed this option originally because I only want customers to go through as "Guests" but this screen does not give an option for doing this. Is it possible to do this? Also there is no option on this screen for creating a new account - see enclosed screen shot.

Regards,

Gary

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 65
9 months 4 days ago #353902

gcopping wrote: Hi,
3. .... it tried to process the transaction but it came back with a message saying "Please select a payment method". However on the previous screen there is only 1 payment method which is Paypal Checkout and it is therefore selected. Any ideas?

I have the same kind of issue , I need to click 2 or even 3 times on the cart submit button to get the Paypal page

9 months 3 days ago #353908

Hi,

3. We'll need more information in order to understand what's going on.
Activate the "debug" setting of the payment method and try again. You should hopefully get some debug information inside the "payment log file" in the HikaShop configuration page. We'll need that information.

4. It is possible. You just wrongly configured your checkout settings.
Go in the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration. There, in the "Login" view you have apparently activated the "Override registration" setting. Please turn this option off.
Then, in the "LOGIN & REGISTRATION" section, you want to turn off the "Login" setting and set the "Registration" setting to "guest".
You'll then have a guest checkout.

9 months 3 days ago #353929

Hi,

Thanks again.

3. This is the output in the log file - does it help?

stdClass Object
(
    [intent] => CAPTURE
    [application_context] => stdClass Object
        (
            [shipping_preference] => NO_SHIPPING
            [brand_name] => Addingham Civic Society
            [cancel_url] => https://www.addinghamcivicsociety.org.uk/acs/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=order&task=cancel_order&order_id=7&Itemid=501
            [landing_page] => BILLING
        )

[payer] => stdClass Object
        (
            [email_address] => gcopping@gmail.com
        )

[purchase_units] => Array
        (
            [0] => stdClass Object
                (
                    [invoice_id] => 7
                    [description] => Order number H7
                    [items] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => stdClass Object
                                (
                                    [name] => Membership Renewal - Single
                                    [quantity] => 1
                                    [sku] => ACS01
                                    [unit_amount] => stdClass Object
                                        (
                                            [value] => 9.00
                                            [currency_code] => GBP
                                        )

[tax] => stdClass Object
                                        (
                                            [value] => 0.00
                                            [currency_code] => GBP
                                        )

)

)

[amount] => stdClass Object
                        (
                            [value] => 9.00
                            [currency_code] => GBP
                            [breakdown] => stdClass Object
                                (
                                    [item_total] => stdClass Object
                                        (
                                            [value] => 9.00
                                            [currency_code] => GBP
                                        )

[tax_total] => stdClass Object
                                        (
                                            [value] => 0.00
                                            [currency_code] => GBP
                                        )

)

)

)

)

)

Array
(
    [client-id] => AUtpWeTFVhKiAYtaAAqOFVUMAPWCFD2JwBmPVh5wG_NZYRsQAesJh7cko6L5I6oNmvoPH60Afan_kNBH
    [integration-date] => 2022-07-11
    [currency] => GBP
    [components] => buttons,funding-eligibility,messages
    [disable-funding] => paylater,venmo,bancontact,blik,eps,giropay,ideal,mercadopago,mybank,p24,sepa,sofort
    [enable-funding] => card,credit
    [intent] => capture
    [debug] => true
)
4. OK in the Checkout tab I have now set "Override registration" setting to off. However in "LOGIN & REGISTRATION" section, you want me to turn off the "Login" setting and set the "Registration" setting to "guest". I've turned off the "Login" setting and set "User Group" to "Guest" because I can't see any other option to set to "Guest" (see enclosed screen capture). However this just results in completely missing out the login and address screens, going straight to Payment Method with the message "Registration not allowed" and "Access Forbidden". I am more confused now!!

Regards,

Gary

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 2 days ago by nicolas.

9 months 3 days ago #353947

Hello,

In your screenshot you have an error message that invite you to active in your Joomla option "Allow User Registration", I suggest that you have to activate this settings.
That can explain your current result.

Regards

9 months 3 days ago #353973

Thank you you were correct I have done this and now get the User Registration screen. However I still do not get the option to checkout as a Guest without having to enter all of the user registration date.

9 months 2 days ago #353990

Hello,

If you use the starter version it's normal, as you can see in our compare page , there is no guest checkout option.
Now, if you use Essential or Business version there is something to deepen but otherwise this result is normal.
Can you confirm that you use the Starter version?

Regards

Last edit: 9 months 3 days ago by Philip.

9 months 2 days ago #354013

Hi,

Thank you - yes I am using the Starter version so that would explain the "Guest" issue - I did put which version I was using in the very first post.

I would consider upgrading to the next version if I could get the Paypal Checkout to work. I still get the message "no payment method selected" even though there is only 1 payment method available and it is selected. So I never get to the Paypal Checkout screen. I reported this previously and supplied a copy of the logfile as requested but no one appears to be investigating this issue. To reiterate I am testing this in Sandbox mode and the Paypal Checkout plugin shows that I have connected successfully.

This is my only outstanding issue now so it would be good to get it resolved. If I cannot then I will have to look at other options for this website.

9 months 2 days ago #354019

Hi,

The log you provided for the PayPal Checkout issue doesn't help. It basically says that everything is ok on the server side.
I'm thinking there might be an error on the client side with the javascript.
To check on this, I'll have to reproduce the issue on your checkout.
I tried to do this, but to access your checkout, I need to register. I did so, but after I validate my account, an administrator has to validate the account to be able to proceed.
So I couldn't check the situation.
Please provide a valid test user account so that we can go through the checkout and reproduce the issue.

9 months 2 days ago #354022

Thank you - OK I have just validated the account so please let me know if you need anything else. I will be going out for the day in 30 minutes so please get back to me quickly if you do need anything else.

9 months 2 days ago #354027

Hi,

When I try to login, I get this error message:
i.imgur.com/KN7resz.png
This seems to indicate that there is a problem with the user account's user group.
And if I check the screenshot you previously provided you set the "user group on registration" setting to "guest".
This means that the user accounts created from the HikaShop registration form won't be allowed to login on the frontend.
So please revert that setting. And please edit the user account and add it to the registered user group.
Also, please turn back on the "login" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Otherwise, it's not possible for a user to login with their user account on your checkout since the login form is removed.

9 months 2 days ago #354037

OK I have done these things - just let me know if there is anything else you need.

9 months 2 days ago #354045

Hi,

Thanks.

The issue comes from your template.
In the file /media/templates/site/j51_jasmine/css/animate.min.css
It has the CSS rule:

@supports not (-ms-high-contrast:none){.visible{opacity:0!important}}
which forces the elements with the class "visible" on your website to be transparent, even the one generated by the PayPal JS SDK in order to display the PayPal buttons on the end page.
It seems your template is using an old version of github.com/animate-css/animate.css because the latest version doesn't contain that problematic CSS code. I would highly recommend notifying your template provider of this issue.

In the mean time, you can just delete that CSS code from this file and clear your browser's cache and it will work.

9 months 1 day ago #354069

Hi,

OK thanks for all of this.

I have deleted that code as suggested and cleared my Chrome browser cache by going to Settings/Privacy & Security/Clear browsing data, but I still get the error message "Payment method not selected". Should I be doing anything else to clear the cache, because I assume when you did this it worked fine?

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds