Saving product error

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329784

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24

Hi!

When i click save in a product in the backend the system redirects me to frontend but this doesn't happen with all the products.
I will send you details in email if you could please take a look.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329788

Hi,

If I look at the HTTP request and response from your server when I click on the save button, I can see this:
i.imgur.com/GEoiwqH.png
First you can see that the "status code" is "301, which indicates that something on the server is asking the browser to redirect somewhere else.
Then, you can see that in the "reponse", the location URL (where the browser has to redirect) is the same URL as the "request URL" (that is used by the button to send the "save" command to the server), but with the "el" language tag added to the URL.
This is an invalid URL and because of that, the website then redirect to the homepage as the URL is invalid.

So in short, your issue is that you have some translation/language redirection mechanism causing the issue even though such mechanism should only operate in the frontend of the website.
So the problem is not in HikaShop.
I checked your system plugins with the backend access you provided and if I disable the "System - Language Filter" plugin I do not have the error anymore.
I looked further into it and if I deactivate the option "Automatic Language Change" of the plugin while keeping the plugin activated, I also do not have the problem on your website.
If you look at the tooltip of that option, it says "This option will automatically change the content language used in the Frontend when a user site language is changed.". So there is no reason this plugin should mess with the URLs in the backend when that option is activated. To me, that's a bug of this plugin which needs to be reported to Joomla.
I checked the code of this plugin, but I'm not sure why it would do that, especially that it only happens for that product and not the others that I tested. I'm also not familiar with the code of this plugin so I'm not sure what to do. I suppose that the plugin is catching on something entered in the description or some other field of this product for some reason.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329909

Hello Nicolas.
We disabled the plugins (filter and all language plugins) so now it throws the 404 error without them.
It is not the language.
But it happened also on the backend plugins page.
Finally I disables some security mode rules and it stopped throwing errors

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #329960

For some reason edge browser throws error in backend when you save a product. While in chrome it doesnt after disabling modsecurity
Also for the same installation we get the following
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...nonical-url-and.html

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds