Drop complete product listing into layout anywhere

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350015

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

I have read the entire documentation on using tags and experimented with the "product" button which is automatically added to Joomla articles via plugin. But that seems to allow me to only add product thumbnails which click through to the full product listing. It also didn't give me access to all my products. So I am looking for a way to embed an entire product listing, short-circuiting the need to have the the thumbnail. (There are also SEO concerns.) This is exactly how we embed forms and modules and video and sliders etc. It has many, many design advantages over publishing the product details via a menu item. There, our page customization possibilities are both limited and time-consuming, requiring us to code. Better would be to embed the product details inside our custom-designed page which aligns with the rest of the custom-designed website. This is usually done by means of short codes. Hika tags appear to function in a similar way, but with a lot more nuances. So, how do I embed the product details in a custom-designed page, wherever I want it? This would be so great because we could use your wonderful extension with modern page builders like YouTheme Pro, which are based on advanced flexbox layout but don't have Hikashop integrations. We could simply embed our product inside any column we like.
Is this possible or not?
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by jgribble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350016

I came across this.
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...age-as-a-module.html
Is it still the best answer?
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 1 month ago #350068

Hi,

But that seems to allow me to only add product thumbnails which click through to the full product listing

No, it can also allow you to add the product name, the add to cart button and the description.
For the add to cart button, it can only add it if the product has no variants / options since it can't display variants / options elsewhere than on the product details page.

It also didn't give me access to all my products.

That should not be the case.

So I am looking for a way to embed an entire product listing, short-circuiting the need to have the the thumbnail. (There are also SEO concerns.) This is exactly how we embed forms and modules and video and sliders etc.

If you need to embed a whole listing of products, then it's indeed better to go through a module. First, create a HikaShop content module via the Joomla modules manager, and then you can use that module in your builder.

Is it still the best answer?

If you want to embed on product details page elsewhere, the "component anywhere" extension is still what I would recommend, yes. Note however that this extension is not available on Joomla 4. Since you're on Joomla 3, it shouldn't matter in the short term. But for the long term, you would have to ask the joomla community if there is an alternative to this extension out there.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #350074

Thanks for answering. However Components Anywhere isn't going to work because the developer is abandoning the project after the current version.
-Jim Gribble

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 1 month ago #350077

Hi,

Yes. That's why I said

But for the long term, you would have to ask the joomla community if there is an alternative to this extension out there.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds