Managing products similar but different

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 weeks ago #10179

Most, if not all of my products are one of a kind. For example

a. I have a collection called Fused Flora
b. Within the collection I may (or may not) have mulitple jewelry types (rings, pendants, necklaces, etc.)--always as least one type.
c. Within a collection I also may (or may not) have groups (such as Fiddleheads)--maybe none.
d. Within each group, the items are all different and have different prices.

My Questions:

1. I'm looking for the best way to setup the product structure, both from the users ability to navigate and my ability to manage. Do you have any suggestions or examples you can point me to see?

2. I currently have the essentials version but would upgrade if it would help me be more efficient. Would the product templates help me more than just doing imports from a spreadsheet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 weeks ago #10187

Hi,

1. You could use categories to create two category trees. One for the jewelry types and one for the groups. Then, you can create your products and assign one or several categories to them based on where it fits.

2. The product template feature of the import allows you to simplify the import process in some cases. Suppose that your products all have the same variants : color, size and that the price is always the same for each variant of different products (like when you sell tshirts). You can create a main product that you will use as template and just import your products by specifying the images name and the product template and all the information for each product imported will be added automatically based on the template product. It doesn't seem to be useful in your case, but maybe I don't have all the details....
Also, in the Business edition, you will have a copy button in order to duplicate a product in two clicks. That can also speed up the creation of the products if you are creating them from the interface.

13 years 3 weeks ago #10188

1. I think I"m doing #1. I'll keep working it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.
2. Sounds like templates and especially the copy product will help. I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks for reply.

13 years 3 weeks ago #10191

OK..I just upgrade and both the template and copy features will be very helpful. R

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 weeks ago #10193

Great ! :)

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds