Reminder Plugin Emailing Wrong Users

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327555

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello,

I am noticing that the reminder plugin is sending reminders to totally wrong users and causing users to think there is fraud going on within my site. Is there anything I can do to avoid this happening within the reminder plugin? Thnx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
3 years 3 months ago #327575

Hello,

Can you provide your Reminder plugin settings screenshot ? Did you have a lot of returns about this issue ?...
Does this user references are different or specific from other ? User group (Guest, registered and so on...)

Awaiting news from you to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327623

Hey Phillip,

It has not been alot but has happened randomly in the past as well.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 3 months ago #327658

Hi,

The emails that are sent by the plugin will be logged in the Customers>Emails history menu.
Can you confirm that you find these emails there ? And can you confirm that the recipient email address there is wrong ?
If so, could you provide a backend access along with the information of an example where it was sent to the wrong person so that we can check on the situation ?
If so, please provide the necessary information via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327660

Hey Nicolas!

Thanks for response, the backend email history is showing correctly but I have been emailed in past for totally different users that are confused on why they got emails for another persons order cart reminder somehow. The most recent one is showing correctly on email history but still got sent to incorrect user.

3 years 3 months ago #327666

Hi,

What is displayed in the email history is what HikaShop sends to the email server of your hosting.
Possibly, another plugin could cut in and change the email address in between, but I've never seen such plugin developed.
So unless you have some kind of custom plugin developed on your end for that purpose, the only other reason would be the configuration of your hosting email server with redirects in place.
But I don't see why you would do that for users of your website ?
So since we now know the email is fine in HikaShop, you should check with your hosting provider to check the log of the email server for that same email. That will allow you to know what was sent to who, for sure.
After the email goes through your email server, it ends up on the email server of the recipient, so it's not your problem anymore.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327677

I use sendinblue as email server/host and noticing in the logs that order reminders were sent to incorrect users. I went into the backend of sendinblue and seeing that order/cart reminders have have been sent all over the place to wrong users. On the backend of HIkashop customer email history everything looks right but sendinblue shows emails sent to incorrect user. any idea what settings could be causing this? I've disabled the plugin for now as it's causing some panic with customers.

I'm not aware of any plugin changing anything between users/orders.

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by dklbwf.

3 years 3 months ago #327683

Hi,

Do you have other extensions linked to email sending ?
For example, I know that AcyMailing can (could ?) override emails sent by HikaShop.

Or maybe it comes from some automated setting in sendinblue ?
For example:
help.sendinblue.com/hc/en-us/articles/21...-sent-via-Automation
You could try using another email sending system. If it works fine with it, it would confirm that the issue is with something in sendinblue.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327700

Hey Nicolas,

Thanks for response, I have no special extensions that I know of and no automation going on for any hikashop sites. I really would like to keep the plugin enabled as it has really helped bring customers back to finish the sale but just sucks I can't due to this issue. Just not sure where else to look to confirm where the issue is coming from.

3 years 3 months ago #327706

Hi,

I would recommend you to contact the tech support of sendinblue.
Provide them a copy of the email information in the HikaShop email history and tell them that this information is the log from the software you're using to send the email, but that the email was received by another email address (and give them information about that). Ask them to check on their end what it could be.
That way, they should be able to tell you if the issue is related to some configuration in your sendinblue account or if it's something on your website.

Another thing you can try is to add the code:

if(in_array($mail->mail_name, array('cart_reminder','order_reminder'))) {
hikashop_writeToLog($this->mailer);
return true;
}
before the line:
$result = $this->mailer->Send();
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/mail.php
That way, it will add the data about the email to the "payment log file" of the HikaShop configuration and not send it. And it will do that right before it gives the email to the Joomla email library for the sending.
So that means that if you have a plugin which is triggered after the email is stored in the email history and before it is given to the Joomla email library, you'll get a different recipient email address in the payment log file compared to what you have in the email history.
But that means you have to check them one by one. And you might just find that they are all the same, which means that the problem is not there but after this (probably in sendinblue).

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327716

okay will reach out to sendinblue and see if there is anything they can do. thanks a bunch Nicolas

• Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327743

They responded back and weren't any help. Seems like alot of these services today are no help if you aren't on wordpress or shopify.

Their response:
Kathryn W. (Sendinblue)
Dec 23, 2020, 11:15 EST
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience as our technical team investigated this for you.

As you are working on Hikashop, and we currently do not offer support for this platform, you will need to contact Hikashop directly.

Kind regards,
--

3 years 3 months ago #327749

Hi,

That sure is not helpful.
Would you be able to send the emails of your website from another email sending service, even temporarily ?
Sendgrid for example offers 100 emails sending for free and Elasticemail costs a few dollars to test it for a few days with thousands of emails.
If you have the same problem with that other service, it would mean that the problem is not with sendinblue but something on your website. But if you don't, then it would mean that the issue is something on sendinblue's end.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327840

It seems to always send a total of 3 emails. Could it be a setting somewhere else that is making the reminder plugin add on 2 other random customer email addresses for one order reminder somehow? thnx

3 years 2 months ago #327842

Hi,

So you mean there are several "to" email addresses in the email ?
I'm not sure what it could be.
I've made a new version of the reminder plugin with added security (flush the mailer object before sending the email and check that the user exists before trying to send an email). Maybe it will help ?
Normally, the subject of the email should contain the name and email of the user and thus if you see it there, the check on whether the user exists is probably useless.
But it's worth giving it a try. Download again the plugin on our website and install it on yours to get these modifications.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327848

No the email is being sent separately. and email or name is never in subject line. In the screenshot below you can see one order reminder went to correct person today at 10AM but then also got sent to 4 others at the same time with same exact order/billing info. The cron job runs each day at 10am

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by dklbwf.

3 years 2 months ago #327852

Hi,

Ok.
So can you check the email history for that email ? do you see the email once there or several times (one for each email address) ?
If you see it several times, it would mean that the issue is when the email is being generated. So either in the plugin, or in some customization or plugin processing the email.
If you see it only once, with the correct email address, it means that the plugin and the email generation as working properly and that the issue is later, when the email is being sent, and thus, no matter what I would change in the plugin, it wouldn't solve the problem as the problem is not in the plugin.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327862

Hey Nicolas,

The backend of hikashop shows everything as expected, all cart and order reminders are going to correct users one time. It seems to possibly be sendinblue somehow taking those one reminder messages and waiting until 10am each day and just sending each person the same emails. So if it's 5 cart reminders that need to go out at 10am today, all 5 users will each get separate emails on all 5 orders. I really enjoy using sendinblue on all my sites but this is really killing my sites and making users nervous. Do you know of any email company that works 100% good with Joomla/Hikashop?

Thanks

3 years 2 months ago #327864

Hi,

Well, before switching completely, I would recommend to do a test as I told you in a previous message:
www.hikashop.com/forum/customers/901539-...ng-users.html#327749
There I've mentioned both Elasticemail and Sendgrid, which are the ones I would recommend if you wanted to switch.
It's then a matter of prices as both are good solutions to sending emails from a Joomla / HikaShop website

• Hikashop Business
3 years 2 months ago #327869

When you say do a test are you referring to repurchasing the reminder plugin and install and then test adding new order/cart or making modification in the code? Thnx

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds