hikashop on 1.5 or 1.7

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28714

Hi

i am interested in the shop component, at present mt site is 1.523, before i think about buying the software i have decision to make, do i upgrade to joomla 1.7 or stay on 1.5. Because i need to know which version to buy, probably more of a joomla forum question. It will be a fair bit of work upgrading, lots on it. Is 1.7 a lot better, is there a need to upgrade if i go the latest 1.5?

I did try upgrading on a test site using jupgrade and it kept stalling and not working, easier just to stay on 1.5, but want the best option, any help much appreciated....

Also i only will offer paypal as a payment option, i assume hikashop does this??

thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #28743

Hi,

Yes hikashop supports paypal payments, no problem.

HikaShop works mostly the same on 1.5 and 1.7. The only difference is that joomfish does not support yet 1.7 and thus multi lingual content is not possible on 1.7

The main difference between 1.5 and 1.7 is the ACL functionality. For the rest, it's roughly the same from a user stand point.
The only thing is that joomla 1.5 will phase out next year. So you might want to plan for the long term and upgrade your website...

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #28821

Hi,

Thanks for that. i am thinking of goign down the 1.5 route and then next year spend a lot of time transfering over, got a few other tings to do at same time and time is against me at moment.Do you know when they stop 1.5 next year?

Is it a big task if i get your 1.5 shop version now, put it on site run as normal then mid next year to go over to 1.7?

My hosting uses a shared ssl, i assume this is ok as long as i put correct path in correct field.

Basically i need to get cracking now to catch xmas, but at same time i do or will need to upgrade, doing next year will suit me better unless you can give me a reason not to.

Thanks for the help

paul

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 5 months ago #28837

1.5 end of life will be in April 2012: community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/13...-and-the-future.html

HikaShop is compatible with all the versions of joomla. So it not really complicated for HikaShop itself as it is the same package you will use for any version. Here is a short explanation of what you need to do to move HikaShop from a 1.5 website to a 1.6 website:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...joomla-16.html#16556

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds