Integration with Easysocial

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 6 months ago #252606

Thats a pity really bcs new EasySocial v 2 is by far the best Joomla profile usage system and HikaShop would get more customers that want exactly these integrations that was described here..if you want I can help you get the new EasySocial from Mark ( lead dev Stackideas)

Rgds

The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 3
7 years 5 months ago #256233

Hi,

As far as I know, no social network site, so far, allows a page owner to have is own mini store. This would bring an extra value to both EasySocial, HikaShop, site and page owners.

Now that EasySocial 2 has pages, each page owner, companies / organizations or individuals would have a way to lunch, promote or sell their products. In terms of ecommerce, it would be like a multistore platform and each page would be a store.

The way I see it, there would be an EasySocial app available to the page owners to install. The app would create a menu only available to the page owner perhaps on the left side page menu to connect them to their store. From there, they would be able to manage their mini store, just like a normal ecommerce site. The products they sell would be, at least, displayed on the owner's page. Everything, from creating and editing products, setting up prices and payment gateways would be available as on a normal HikaShop ecommerce site.

What do you think about this? I am certain a lot of traffic would be generated towards the social network as page owners would want promote their store to all their friends.

Regards

Mário Silva

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
  • Thank you received: 8
7 years 4 months ago #256876

Hi,

The start would be the profile integration but ....
This topic was started 3 years 2 months ago
I stopped hoping anything between Hikari and Stackideas :dry:

7 years 4 months ago #256894

Hi Mário Silva

this is really what is needed and its a pity that Hika doesnt understand this very important bit of the puzzle of obvious solutions for e-commerce site owners and listening to potential customers that hold back their investment and go for other solutions bcs of this ignorance.

But there are "networkssites" that allowing this already Mário Silva for business & private persons like Houzz etc www.houzz.com/photos/home-decor just choose what category you want "Shop By Category" and shop..:)

Its a pity really that a system similar like this could not be done with HikaMultiMarket and EasySocial 2 bcs that would be very great really.

cheers!

7 years 4 months ago #256906

Hi ssnobben.

Just checked the Houzz site you mentioned.

What I have in mind is much simpler that an eCommerce site. The store products would appear on the user's page stream with a description, picture, a button to buy and another to "See My Other products". If the "See My Other products" button was pressed, a popup would appear with a list of the products the page seller has for sale. It had to look nice, a rectangle with the pic on the left and Nome / Description on the left, perhaps with the Buy Now button also included.

Well, this is just me describing what I see in my mind's eye...

But the concept of creating mini stores inside a social network, that is the real important thing!

7 years 4 months ago #256907

We cannot ask (or maybe yes we can :evil: ) for a fully featured integration for a first release of app & integration.

So a first step could be an integration Hikamarket like Quick2Cart does it for ES.
description here : techjoomla.com/products/quick2cart#integrations
demo site here: quick2cartdemo.techjoomla.com/index.php/2014-04-22-14-56-14

7 years 4 months ago #256908

Well if developer here not have EasySocial 2.0.6 etc they can ask for it. I have a subscription so I can help them with that if they like.

7 years 4 months ago #256909

Well what you describing doesnt exlude the other scenario and I think that both these secenarios should be interlinked/integrated.

Cheers!

ps agree with what you say.

7 years 4 months ago #256944

Yes, all scenarios look great to me and they definitely would be interlinked/integrated.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 4 months ago #256913

pprle wrote: I stopped hoping anything between Hikari and Stackideas :dry:

Hi,

Like I said ; I do not know anything about EasySocial but I created a development environment to allow both team to work on a test website and create a nice integration between the two components.
But, the stackideas team never log-on in that website ; so we had a website with the components, a ready and configured HikaShop (and HikaMarket) but it stopped there.

At this moment my position is clear. I do not know the EasySocial component and I won't lost more time to create an integration with a team who do not want that integration.
The only positive point there is that I was able to update the HikaShop user points plugin to integrate with the "EasySocial points" ; it was at least the only part available to me (even if there is no documentation and I had to read the source code to perform that integration).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
7 years 4 months ago #256964

Well hope you guys with support from HikaShop customers and prospects can make it work again with EasySocial and get things going in the right directtion again bcs this would be a win/win situation for both Stackideas and also for Hikashop.

Some discssion at Stackideas to follow too; stackideas.com/forums/e-commerce-easysoc...hikashop-multivendor

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ssnobben.
7 years 4 months ago #256982

Jerome wrote:

pprle wrote: I stopped hoping anything between Hikari and Stackideas :dry:

Hi,

Like I said ; I do not know anything about EasySocial but I created a development environment to allow both team to work on a test website and create a nice integration between the two components.
But, the stackideas team never log-on in that website ; so we had a website with the components, a ready and configured HikaShop (and HikaMarket) but it stopped there.

At this moment my position is clear. I do not know the EasySocial component and I won't lost more time to create an integration with a team who do not want that integration.
The only positive point there is that I was able to update the HikaShop user points plugin to integrate with the "EasySocial points" ; it was at least the only part available to me (even if there is no documentation and I had to read the source code to perform that integration).

Regards,

Hello Jerome,

Don't misunderstand me, for me it is a fact, if one day something arises I will be more than happy. In the meantime I stopped hoping

I am aware about this development environment since you launched it.
I know you have been proactive and I was positive hoping finally to see this integration BUT I also know that the Stackideas Team is more busy in their own project development...integrate their components has never been their priority.
Their vision is YOU integrate with us.

About 4 month ago Radek Suski (Sobipro) wrote an article 'Is Joomla dying?"
I would answer Yes, if developers do no work and cooperate more closely.
We are loosing the main interest in Joomla CMS that is the versatility to use different components in one site versus "one website-one purpose"

PS (off topic, but something p****** me off since years):
That is also valid for hikashop/market not being (enough) proactive in the shop front-end!
You guys leave the design to third party template developers and these templates can only be used in the sole purpose of a specifically themed e-commerce website (1 website 1 purpose).
I just hope that with Hikashop 3 we will finally get out of the box a fully responsive, versatile and clean design.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by pprle.
7 years 4 months ago #257006

About 4 month ago Radek Suski (Sobipro) wrote an article 'Is Joomla dying?"

www.sigsiu.net/news/1655-is-joomla-dying

"So just to sum up: Joomla! Isn’t dying. As a matter of fact in the recent months I saw a really huge progress in this project and I sincerely do hope we can get all together and get the job done. So instead of spreading fear based on pseudo evidence, please help us to make this project better. There is a way every of us can help and this is in our all interest."

I think its good to discuss and improve Joomla in a positive way but also be realistic about how you measure and describe things...

7 years 4 months ago #257023

The real point is stated in the paragraph you copied:
"...I sincerely do hope we can get all together and get the job done."

It is often that subscribers of one components also subscribe to the same other ones.
Some component categories are closely linked to other component categories.
Like easysocial and hikamarket could be...

ssnobben,
you know that Mark and the team are very efficient in their own component support but when you search in their forums you will see he is letting down customers looking for an integration with e.g.: E-Commerce, LMS, Falang, Advertisement, ... Mark always redirects to the same company (TJ not to name it) but (nearly) none SI subscriber trust that company...
... so here we are again
... begging Nicolas and Jerome to integrate Hikamarket with Easysocial

• Thank you received: 94
7 years 4 months ago #257052

There seems to be a lot of potential support and interest in this integration, but no one is taking the lead to get things rolling. If this integration hasn't happened in 3 years, that tells me that no one has been seriously interested enough to invest the necessary money into hiring a developer to get it done.

Perhaps one of the users who is most excited about this integration should hold a crowd-funding effort to raise funds for development? If enough people really want this integration, they'll donate. Once you have enough funds gathered you'll be able to hire a qualified HikaShop/HikaMarket partner or EasySocial 3rd party developer to work on it.

And if not enough money is raised to pay the upfront development costs through crowdfunding, then you'll have your answer. I believe there is not enough market demand to support it financially as a plugin, certainly not for someone to do development on spec and commit to the ongoing support costs that will be required as HikaMarket and EasySocial change over time. But I'd love to see a crowdfunding campaign prove me wrong.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
  • Thank you received: 10
7 years 4 months ago #257060

Hi

I am a little late to the party…
I´ve been a loyal Stackideas customer for years now.
And have been testing the free version of Hika Shop in conjunction with Moodle/Joomdle/Easy Social.
It all works so far and I would love to see deeper integration.
The Stackideas team are the nicest people I have ever meet online.
They are probably insanely busy as always.

I wish I had a suggestion as to how to move forward…

All I can say is that I too am interested in integration and if I can help out with testing etc I am happy to do so!

all the best

Paul

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 4 months ago #257036

Hi,

@ssnobben
The Joomla community can do a lot of amazing things and we didn't have such kind of issue with integration with other components and works with other teams, like :
Acyba (Acymailing), Faboba (Falang), CSVImproved, JMS Multisites,AwoDev (AWOCoupon), Emerald, JoomUnited, sh404SEF...
During Joomla events (world conference, J&B, etc) we have the possibility to see and talk with the other team and start new integrations ; We are always happy to help other for integrations and improve HikaShop to make the integration easier.
So we are fully aware of the win/win and as you know, we made some steps to the stackideas team to create that "win/win" situation.
Afterwards, we have good relation with stackideas who gave an access to Nicolas when we propose them to do a shared integration (so we can create the development website). Unfortunately, the integration partnership did continue on the next steps.

For sure with the development of HikaShop 3 and some other big developments ; the HikaShop dev team was very busy the past two years but I can say that I'm really happy of the work done (and that I'll give soon a "good to go" for the 3.0 beta).

Due to these big developments, we had to slow down other parts, like payment plugins or integrations.
It was (and it's still is) a priority for us that the HikaShop core be good and stable now that we have a huge number of feature and a lot of payment/shipping plugins (with a nice system to allow third party to create easily new one).

I sincerely do hope we can get all together and get the job done.

Well, maybe the community ( we ; all of us ) can also participate in some kind of integrations for HikaShop.
As you know, I'm not a EasySocial user and I'm far more a developer than a user. I like to have specifications and requirements in order to work and see where I'm going.
Now ; if we open a semi-private development website for HikaShop+HikaMarket+EasySocial, the community could help by handling the part that we do not have any knowledge of and also provide feedback.

@pprle - off topic part
A important part of the work on HikaShop 3 was to change the design structure.
All views has not been refactored yet but we wanted to really go further on that ; like the integration of an internal responsive grid system. No more "bootstrap 2" grid system and a cleaned CSS file.
And because HikaShop 3 is a major version ; it will introduce some "compatibily breaks" so it was the right moment to make that kind of changes.
pasteboard.co/41WCV3q8.png

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
7 years 4 months ago #257198

Hello Jerome,

At the start of hikamarket I helped on some topics and can also help with some input here too.
I can also share some Apps (App= EasySocial Application) with you if it can serve as example for your own...

For your information and to better understand what is needed you can have a look at the links I shared some posts above:
There are a description and a demo...

So a first step could be an integration Hikamarket like Quick2Cart does it for ES.
description here : techjoomla.com/products/quick2cart#integrations
demo site here: quick2cartdemo.techjoomla.com/index.php/2014-04-22-14-56-14

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by pprle.
  • Thank you received: 10
7 years 4 months ago #257241

Yeah Techjoomla do a whole lot of integration with ES.
I bought a product from them a couple of years ago and for me it was a nightmare.
I suspect that I am alone in this experience.

Also tried Readybytes and Payplan.
Their documentation was all over the places and their forums really slow.
I gave up after having 2 goes at it over the space of 2 years!!!

So far I am really liking Hikashop.
I have the documentation am going through it from cover to cover!!!
In a weird twist of fate I probably have more Hika - ES integration than most!!!

Joomdle has a single login system that syncs with Easy Social via Moodle and also works with Hika Shop.

I started looking at Hika Shop in the first place as I was under the impression that there was a co-operation agreement....
It would be nice to have a “real” alternative that integrates nicely with ES…
I could imagine that there are many other Stackideas users who feel the same.

I really, really really do not want to have to give Quick2Cart a spin :sick:

Hope I am not repeating myself :whistle:

7 years 4 months ago #257246

Oh wow, this thread seems to be spamming my mailbox. It's great to see more interest in this and like Jerome mentioned, they did get in touch with us for a while and we did intend to build the app for Hikashop and EasySocial but as we were also occupied with our own development just like Hikashop, it stalled a bit.

Perhaps it would be a good time that we kick start this initiative again Jerome?

I do apologize for the intermittent delays as we were also occupied with EasySocial 2.0 during that time.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds