Custom fields: editing their values

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #155517

Hi All,

I've got one more...

Say you have a custom field as dropdown, single or multiple, or any other type requiring multiple values. Imagine, in the backend, you have entered some 20 values, naturally by clicking "Add a new value" each time. Good.

Then later, you figure the order of values is crap, so you need to re-order them. Or you need to insert a new, 21st value - of course as the second in the list. You know what's coming: copying all of them down to new lines to make space somewhere "up there", so your list of values is what you need it to be - long after you started. Yup, been through this a few times now... :sick:

In the checkout process in the backend you have this wonderful 'drag & drop' procedure. Why not consider something similar for ordering/inserting new values for custom fields as well? You have the magic on hand already... throw it in where it'd make good sense?

Thanks for considering!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lousyfool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simonr1000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 11 months ago #155552

Hi,

Yes, that's a good idea.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #155635

:)

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 3 months ago #187978

I also would love the ability to easily reorder values in a custom field for later filtering.
we store the location of a photo in the custom field and I'm just imagining constantly reordering the locations list into alphabetical order every time we do a photo shoot somewhere different. would be great if you could add the ability to automatically re-sort into alphabetical order when needed.

Thanks! B)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds