Request regarding "Attach PDF Invoice Plugin"

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 10 months ago #158313

Attach PDF Invoice Plugin version 1.5

Hi,

I'm not sure if or when the PDF invoice is getting deleted from the server - maybe it stays there forever, maybe not.

However, IMHO the mail to the customer which it is attached to must be (B)CC'd to the admin by default. I know, it can be fetched by clicking a button, but that can be forgotten. Or be too late if already deleted? With either risk being high, and accounting definitely needing this invoice, again, I believe admin should receive it per mail simultaneously with the customer.

Thanks for consideration!

P.S.: The plugin doesn't show in my subscriptions here on the site along with the other purchases. I didn't expect or need an update so soon, but the aforementioned request could change that if it becomes reality. ;) Thanks again.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by lousyfool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #158314

Ooops - immediate recall/change:

Just remembered in some dark corner of the leftovers of my brain that the plugin has its own settings, where you can enter another email recipient. Hmm, I put an address in there, but it doesn't get delivered...

So, sorry, but forget/delete my previous post, and double-check the plugin backend setting: "Send a copy to" doesn't work. (Footer does work ok.)

Sorry again... :blush:

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 10 months ago #159018

Hi,

The whole code to add a recipient is:

$cc = $this->params->get('copy');
		if(!empty($cc)){
			$mailer->AddBCC($cc);
		}
So that must work, $mailer come directly from the hikashop mail class.

Are you sure that there is not a space before the mail address, or something else ?

9 years 10 months ago #159108

Hi Xavier,

I have that exact same code at the end of attachinvoice.php.
The email address entered has no spaces or anything else before or behind, it is 100% correct, and I tried some others as well, inside as well as outside the shop domain.

However, the customer is the only one getting the mail (and PDF invoice).

No BCC.

:(

• Thank you received: 13064
9 years 10 months ago #159129

Hi,

This code uses the addBCC function of the PHPMailer library of Joomla, so if it doesn't work, then there is a problem with PHPMailer itself and we can't help it.
Reading PHPMailer documentation, it seems that addBCC won't work on some servers:
www.qualicall.fr/phpmailer/phpdoc/elementindex_PHPMailer.html

PHPMailer::AddBCC() in class.phpmailer.php
Adds a "Bcc" address. Note: this function works with the SMTP mailer on win32, not with the "mail" mailer.

Try to use instead the AddAddress function which will add the email address in the "to" of the email (and thus will be visible to the user but at least there won't be an issue with the email server).

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

9 years 10 months ago #159431

Thank you very much for digging this up, Nicolas.

Indeed, I'm using PHP "mail" due to another extension requiring it, and had no clue of AddBCC() being excluded from it.

• Thank you received: 4
9 years 7 months ago #168782

i was expecting that one could use multiple BCC separated by comma or so...
but this wouldnt work.
if anybody is interested, or if you are going to add this feature, in order to achieve this change line 270 inside attachinvoice.php from

$mailer->addBCC($cc);
to
$mailer->addBCC(explode(',', $cc));

still, it would be interesting to have an answer upon lousyfools question about "The plugin doesn't show in my subscriptions here on the site along with the other purchases. I didn't expect or need an update so soon, but the aforementioned request could change that if it becomes reality."... how do we know you made changes / updates on the plugin, for example including my addition for multiple BCCs?

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by olivnewton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

9 years 7 months ago #168786

Hi,

Thanks for the modification, we will add it to the plugin.
There is no follow up for the plugins, generally they are updated along with HikaShop.

9 years 7 months ago #168971

Thanks Xavier, but:

Xavier wrote: There is no follow up for the plugins, generally they are updated along with HikaShop.

The PDF plugin still doesn't show up under "My Subscriptions" like the other purchases we make here.
Needless to say that once it would show up, it'd be good if it showed a version number - again, just like other purchases.

9 years 7 months ago #168982

Hi,

The plugin will not be attached to your subscriptions and have no version number.
It is rarely updated.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds