downloadable product only if...

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 weeks ago #234359

Hi. I have 2 questions:
1) I want sell video that user must download after purchase, so can i set the video as preview in product details?
2) I want allow user to request a customization of the video during purchase it, by an apposite "note" field and maybe attach a file too to give me more instructions how to customize the video. So in this case i don't want user download the video after purchase it but i'll send to him after the custom work. Can i manage this scenario with your Hika Shop component?

Best regards

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by french150.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
8 years 2 weeks ago #234367

Hi,

1. It's possible. You need to create your preview video and use a joomla content plugin or module that you add in your product description in order to have the preview on the product page. For the whole video, you can upload it in the "Files & Images" section of the product.

2. Yes. You you can ask these with custom fields of the table "item" that you can create via the menu Display>Custom fields in the Business edition. I guess you'll handle the sending of the video, yourself, with a file sharing system or some other method so there is nothing particular to do in HikaShop for that in that case.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234394

About the 1st question: can i embed the video from Vimeo? And you tell "use a joomla content plugin or module". Can i use any plugin or module to show in product details?
About the 2nd question: how can i disallow to download the video after purchasing (only if user ask the custom work), coz i'll send to buyer manually after custom work? And there is some way on backend where admin can check if user ask custom work so admin has the control?

Thanks

8 years 2 weeks ago #234407

Hi,

1. If the Joomla content plugin or module you're using supports Vimeo, you can embed videos from Vimeo yes.
You can use any module and most of the Joomla content plugins. As an example, I've personnally used OSYoutube with youtube videos and it worked just fine: extensions.joomla.org/extension/osyoutube

2. Then create a characteristic with two values "with customization" and "without customization", add the characteristic to the product. Then, edit the "without customization" variant via the Variants tab of the product and in the "Files and images" area, add the file. That way, the file will only be provided to the customer after the purchase if he selects "without customization".
You'll see the variant selection everywhere: in the order details, in the invoice, in the email notifications.

The following user(s) said Thank You: french150

8 years 2 weeks ago #234446

So i can use the following plugin to embed video from vimeo

extensions.joomla.org/extension/allvideos

And i can add custom fields (where user give me instructions about the custom work) only in the variant "with customization". In this way user have to fill in the fields if choose "with customization", correct?

8 years 2 weeks ago #234449

Hi,

1. Yes, it should work just fine.

2. The custom fields would be displayed regardless of the variant selected. It would require some custom coding to have the fields hide/display automatically based on the selection of the variant by the customer.

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by nicolas.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234467

hmmmmm ok. I hope you add the feature (as option) to display the fields according the variant. It's better. No make sense show those if it is not necessary. In this way i cannot use custom fields properly.
Also i hope that i can set a different product price according variant too.
Thanks.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234492

For example you could allow user, when he add the custom field to the product, to display the field always or according a variant selected.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234496

Hi,

You can set different prices for different variants yes.

Being able to have custom fields display based on the selected variant is something we want to do in the future, but it won't be in the short term. If it's something you want rapidely, I would recommend to hire someone to develop some custom code to handle it. It shouldn't be difficult to do as a customization.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234557

I am very interested to buy Hika Shop business version. I would appreciate a lot if you add the feature of display the custom fields according to variant too. I hope you'll consider to add it soon.
Best regards and thanks for your replies. :)

8 years 2 weeks ago #234678

Hi, please let me know your intentions so i can proceed to use your extension.
Thanks again.
Best regards

8 years 2 weeks ago #234685

Hi,

As I said in my previous message, we want to add it but it won't be in the short term.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234831

Ok. If i need you can do this custom work for me?

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 2 weeks ago #234930

Hi,

For the order edition refactoring in HikaMarket, I started to work on an improvement of the namebox system to allow the selection of the variants.
The development is not fully finished, there are still some points to improve.
But I guess that it could be a good start in order to perform such kind of custom development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 2 weeks ago #234937

So it is possible improve that in hika shop too? Or only hika market? Can you explain me better please? Only i need to assign every custom field to the product (like right now) or to a variant.
Best regards

8 years 2 weeks ago #234938

Hi,

HikaMarket is an add on for HikaShop ; it is not HikaShop and it won't give you the feature you wanted.
You're asking for a custom development so I'm just saying that the improvement you're looking for is something possible ; nothing less, nothing more.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 2 weeks ago #234962

Hi,
I know that hika market is an addon, and i know that the improvement i want is possible too. So let me know how can we organize if i need that feature on hika shop till when it will be add on it officially.
Thanks, best regards.

8 years 2 weeks ago #235048

Hi,

I dont know if you understand or not what I am trying to explain.
But, because I don't understand your reply, I suppose that you didn't get it.

So I will wish you a good week end and if you want to apply for custom development to the HikaShop community, feel free to use the "commercial jobs" section of the forum. You can also see to contact some other HikaShop partners in the partner page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 week ago #235080

Yes i didn't get. Go to the point directly. You know what i need so tell me if i need the hika market addon to have that feature because you are developing that feature or what. Otherwise if i need i'll do like you suggested.
Have good weekend you too.
Best regards

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 1 week ago #235249

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

As Jerome said, HikaMarket won't give you the feature you want so the best solution will be to develop it or find a developer to develop it for your through the "Commercial Job" Section of our forum for example.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds