Creating filters Problems

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 9 months ago #334442

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi.
I know I have raised this issue before, but am STILL having terrible problems in creating filters that work.
To recap:
The requirement:
I have product categories, some of which have sub categories.
Within each category, I have products.
I also have brands, and each product is linked to a particular brand.
I am trying to get filters that will
1) show me the categories and the products inside that category
2) show me sub categories and allow the user to seelct a subcategory to see products under that
3) add a filter to filter by brand only.

The setup:
I am attaching screen shots of the current setup.

The result:
I can see the product filters of the top level.
When I click on a category that has subcategories, nothing displays
when I click on a category that has products directly under it, nothing displays, even though there are products
The brand filter doesnt show
Please help urgently.. am tearing my hair out!
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 9 months ago #334453

Hi,

1. The category filter will only filter the products if they are directly linked to the selected category.
So for example, if you select the "Fashion" category, it will display the products which have the "Fashion" category selected in their "categories" option.
If the product is in the "Ladies bags" category which is inside the "Fashion" category, the product won't appear.
So you have two solutions here:
- You add the "Fashion" category to all the products linked to a sub category of that category (and same for all the other categories of the filter).
- Instead of using a filter, I would rather recommend you to use the "categories on 2 levels" module which is normally pre installed with HikaShop. It will display a listing of the categories that you can position on the side bar, and when you'll click on a category of that module, it will display the sub categories / products of that category. It seems much more adapted to what you're trying to do. You can see an example of that with the "Categories" module on the left sidebar of our demo website: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/
Note that if you don't have that module, because you've deleted it, or you used a template starter pack which didn't include the module, or something like that, you can also create a new module instance of the type "HikaShop content module" via the Joomla modules manager and configure it to display a listing of categories.

2. Regarding your brand filter not appearing, I see two issues:
- in your filter module settings, in the "filters" setting, you selected only the category filter, not the brand filter.
- in your filters, you can see that you have two "category" setting. The first setting, on the left, defines where the filter will appear. And the "category" on the right side defines on which element it should base itself to load the list of choices. So in the first "category" setting on the left side, you should leave that setting empty so that it will display regardless of the current category of the products listing in the main area.

2 years 9 months ago #334479

HI

yes thats exactly what I want.

1) How did you get the accordion look in the demo? I am trying to adjust the css but cannot find what to adjust to make it look the same. is there a standard setting for that somewhere or is it all just in css?

2) I am also still struggling with the brands.
if you look at the attached images, you will see that this product has been allocated to the brand "Victoria Grant", however if I then click on brands and select Victoria grant, nothing displays. Am I misunderstanding something here?
3) also, when I do ad the brands, I also get things like order status and tax category. Where does this come from and how do I remove it?
4) if a category has no subcategories, how can I remove the drop down that says "No Sub categories" (See attached image).
5) How can I get a slider that allows the user to filter by price

thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Appzoola.

• Thank you received: 612
2 years 9 months ago #334490

Hello,

1. Most of our accordion display in our Demo Website come from his template (from his command css then), but we can provide the module settings screenshot in order to allow you to reproduce his configuration :

2. Can you describe where is this brands "with no products display" ? In order to allow us to see the issue, because we didn't find the "Victoria Grant" category.
By the way, we assume that you have a check that products are defined with this specific category, right ?

3. Sorry, but we aren't sure to understand your question, can you elaborate more with concrete examples, or elements like screenshot, etc

4. Can you try the setting shown in my screenshot for the "Only with products" option, I'm not sure this will work honestly, but if not, you can use some css, to add like shown here , and with this kind of css code :
=> First css code :
.pane-slider.content.pane-down {
    color: white;
}
The point, here is a little trick to hide the message "no subcategories"
=> Second css code :
.pane-slider.content.pane-down .hikashop_category_list * {
    color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}
If there are sub categories, then we "restore" the text color in order to display it, but ONLY if there are elements displayed.
5. from Main HikaShop Configuration, go to Display dropdown => Filters, and create a new filter entry :
In Main information define the type for Cursor.

Hope this will help you to progress on your differents subject.
Regards

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Philip.

2 years 9 months ago #334515

hi
Thanks for your replies.
For the Brand filter, I have the following:
Under categories, I have the product type and then under Brand, I have the various brands.
I have allocated products to a category and a brand. (see screenshot)
I managed once to get all the Brands showing in a filter, but now when I set up the content module as per the screen shot, it still shows me only the Product Categories, and not the brands.

When I did get it to work, and searched on a brand, it showed me no products. Under the product itself, I had set the category under the category setting and under that is the brand, where I chose the actual brand. It doesnt seem to do anything.

A new issue also.. How can I get this whole shop to be mobile friendly? It looks terrible when viewed on a mobile device.

thanks!

Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #334528

Hello,

I don't have any idea to progress on your subject and there are many different points and settings to check, and so the most simple is to provide us via our Contact us form user backend access with a maximum ACL level.

And don't forget to add an Url link to this subject in your message.
Awaiting your elements to progress on your subject.

Regards

2 years 9 months ago #334530

done.. emailed you; thanks

2 years 9 months ago #334536

Hello,

I think that most of your issue come from one specific point, you haven't the default pre-configured HikaShop module and where it only remains to publish them to display your listing or elements.

From this you have several little misconfiguration in several different settings page, I allow myself to correct this, in details :
1. Module Brand :

List display will be better for this kind of data to display, I switch off the Synchronize in order to display ALL products from you filter criteria and not only the Current Item menu, and finally the "Show Children" on "No Child" in order to don't have the message "no subcategorie"

2. Item Menu boutique :

Display ALL sub element, before it was direct sub elements

And some other point as in Brand filter entry Submit on click on On to refresh display from Brand criteria.
Hope meet your expectations and will be more clear for you.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds