Filters works hectic

• Thank you received: 3
8 months 1 week ago #354433

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3

I have 3 filtes, a text, a category and an ordering.
First case:
I searching for a text: the category filter is set to be dynamic, so there is limited categories by this time. It's ok.
I delete the search word, all products displayed normally, but i still see the limited categories list from the previous search.

Also if I'm going back to the webshops main menu to reset the filters, it looks like it's ok, while I'm not filtering to a category,as it writes back the previous search words to the text input.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 months 1 week ago #354435

Hi,

Could you provide URLs of the pages so that we can reproduce the situation on your website in order to understand what's going on ?

8 months 1 week ago #354440

Hi,
Sent as PM

• Thank you received: 13071
8 months 1 week ago #354447

Hi,

I think the problem is that you have your filters in different modules. Because of that they can't work together with the dynamic refresh of the page.
I would recommend having only one filter module with the three filters in it and then use CSS to display them the same way you have then right now.

7 months 4 days ago #355346

So if I have 3 filters and on mobile I want 1 collapsible (categories) but the 2 others to show all the time how I can do that?

• Thank you received: 612
7 months 3 days ago #355347

Hello,

We see a solution to get this work AND have only required filter in mobile view, follow me stp by step :
1. First have a look on this tutorial to learn how to add custom Css
2. Then identify the element you want to hide in your mobile view & use this kind of command :

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
  .Your_element_unrequired {
    display: none;
  }
}
=> Learn more about the @media properties, here .
3. Add it to your frontend style Css, this will allow you to keep your custom Css while updating your HikaShop version.
Regards

Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by Philip.

7 months 3 days ago #355371

That's a different thing...
I need all my 3 filters but I need the categories filter to be collapsible and the sort by and free text filter always there.
But if I move them out from the form element with javascript it won't work of course...

• Thank you received: 612
7 months 2 days ago #355389

Hello,

You are right, but I'm afraid there is only one solution, custom via an override view :
- You have to have per page only one filter module, or it will leads to hieratic behavior (and issue)
- Create an override of your product/filter view
- Create a javascript linked to a button in order to collapse or not each filter or not.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds