payment screen

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 8 months ago #275593

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4

Not sure what happened...but after I updated, I am no longer taken directly to payment. I have use hikashop checkout enabled.

Step 1:

Step 2:

I then have to click on "action" and then "pay now".

Then

Then I'm redirected to paypal.

What settings do I need to adjust...or what am I missing?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mduda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 8 months ago #275626

Hello,

The fact that you are directly redirected to the payment page or not will also depends on if you have enabled more than one Hikashop payment methods via "Hikashop->System->Payment Methods".
So can you firstly tell me if you have enabled more than one Hikashop payment methods ?

Thank you.

6 years 8 months ago #275658

Yes, the person has the option of either paypal or cash/credit payment. But I do not want the user to have to go to the orders screen.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mduda.

6 years 8 months ago #275687

Hello,

Your issue is coming from the fact that if you have more than 1 payment method available, you'll be redirected to your order listing to properly select which payment method you'll want to use.

To be directly redirected to the payment page you can :
- Only use one payment method
or
- directly edit the code of the file "components\com_hikaauction\controllers\auction.php" but some development skills will be required.

6 years 8 months ago #275719

Hi Mohamed,

I don't remember being forced to go to the created orders screen before I updated.

And, in the Hika Auction configuration, the payment process does not seem to be affected if I select "use Hikashop checkout" or not. Shouldn't this change something? Either way, I go thru the exact same steps.

step 1 - choose address
step 2 - taken to the create orders screen, where I then have to find my order, and select the action
step 3 - select payment method
step 4 - abruptly taken to paypal

Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't matter what I change in the checkout workflow...nothing changes.

6 years 8 months ago #275735

Hello,

I don't remember being forced to go to the created orders screen before I updated.

As it's said on the HikaAuction documentation :
A starter edition of Hikashop, your customer will directly be redirected through the payment platform of your first payment method.
A commercial edition of Hikashop, your customer will directly be redirected to the payment platform if you only have one available payment method. Else, he will be redirected to his order listing to correctly select his payment method and proceed to checkout.

And, in the Hika Auction configuration, the payment process does not seem to be affected if I select "use Hikashop checkout" or not. Shouldn't this change something? Either way, I go thru the exact same steps.

If you have enabled the "use Hikashop checkout" option, then you should make sure that your Hikashop "Checkout legacy" option is disabled via "HikaShop->System->Configuration->Advanced".

By using that option, you will enable your customers to directly pay the auction they won though the Hikashop Checkout (Not available with the checkout legacy mode).

6 years 8 months ago #275759

I have legacy checkout disabled in hikashop. I'm still not able to see any changes when I adjust the checkout flow in Hika Auction. Am I missing something Mohamed?

Thanks for your awesome support!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

6 years 8 months ago #275772

Hello,

If you have enabled the "Use Hikashop checkout" option and disabled the Hikashop "Checkout legacy" option, then when your Auction will be finished, the winner of your Auction will receive a different link which will redirect him directly to the Hikashop checkout instead of the HikaAuction custom payment page.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mduda

6 years 8 months ago #275834

Aha! Figured it out based on your last response. I had a customization in html, and was not getting the new url for checkout! Thanks Mohamed!

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds