shipping method change

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 5 months ago #252128

-- url of the page with the problem -- : -
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any

When i change to another shipping method, it changes back to the first one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 75
7 years 5 months ago #252136

We can confirm this issue.

It also appears that the setting Auto select default shipping and payment methods does not work if we turn Legacy mode off. The first shipping and payment method is always selected in the checkout even when we set it to "If only one method is available" or "No".

Edit: after turning Legacy mode back on we now can't select any shipping or payment method anymore at all, no matter what we try. Having changed the Legacy setting seems to alter some inner workings, as no matter what we set it to now, we can't select any method anymore in the checkout and appear to be stuck.

Kind regards,

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by GW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jesper

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #252140

Hi,

@jesper :
Please provide more details about your configuration and about what is happening exactly.
And, how does the shipping is changing back ?

@GW :
Please provide more details about your configuration and about what is happening exactly.
You can also take a look in your database, for the table "hikashop cart" and you will see the selected shipping (and payment) methods in new columns.

More than that, there is no more "auto select" setting available for the HikaShop 3 cart system.
The payment and the shipping method will always be pre-selected ; it allows to display the full price in the different places.
We had too many reports and issues with the auto-select and the auto-submit in HikaShop 2.x ; that's why we decided to take a different approach. And thanks to the new triggers, it will be possible to have different algorithm for the auto-select and not just select the first one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 5 months ago #252175

Hi,

sorry, we didn't think it necessary to add more details since it seems fairly easy to reproduce and happens in all the tests we did so far.

As in our last message, to see the issue all you have to do is: fresh Joomla, install HS3, add a product, add two shipping methods and go to checkout - nothing more. It is then impossible to select the second shipping method, that is, we can click the second method but it automatically keeps switching back to the first method.

In the database it also does not change to the second shipping method. Even if we manually change the cart_shipping_ids to the second shipping method, it still shows the first one as selected in the checkout.
We also tried re-ordering the shipping methods so the second method will then appear at the top in the checkout, then it keeps stuck at this one, so doesn't make any difference.

And as we wrote regarding the Legacy mode: you can try turning the legacy modes off, and then turn them back on again, in our case it completely "breaks" the checkout in that we can no longer select any shipping or payment methods. And we haven't figured out any way to fix it yet, except starting all over with a new install of Hikashop.

Hope it's a bit clearer.

Kind regards,

7 years 5 months ago #252177

Hi,

I'm afraid that your last message is not more explicit and do not provide the required elements.
You do not require to write long message but just provide the essential details of your configuration.
1 - Your legacy settings.
2 - Brief description of the issue.
3 - Your checkout workflow (because it's related to the checkout)

In your message you still do not explain explicitly the legacy mode configuration.
By default when you install the alpha package, the legacy is activated for every elements.

Nevertheless, I made a patch for that problem.

For information : By login-out and delete the cart in the backend, you will be able to start a new cart in the legacy mode without requiring to re-install of HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #252187

Hi,

I'm sorry we may be misunderstanding each other, but I told you exactly what we did:
1. we fresh install Hikashop 3
2. we add a product
3. we add a payment method and 2 shipping methods, whichever you like, no restrictions
4. we go to the frontend, add a product to cart and go to the checkout

That's literally all, we're not changing ANY configuration or setting anywhere in Hikashop.

After we found this problem we tried changing some settings and encountered this second issue with the legacy setting, we know it is activated by default, so:
1. we switch legacy off (we tried some things, didn't help for the checkout)
2. we switch legacy on again
Now we can not select any shipping or payment method anymore in the checkout, it appears to be broken. Deleting the cart in the backend (which is not possible btw since it's the Starter version so we deleted it in the database) does not change anything.

Really don't know how we can make it any clearer, hope you're able to reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,

• Thank you received: 4
7 years 5 months ago #252210

@Jerome
go to here j3.s1.hoeks.dk/index.php/shop
add an item to cart, go to checkout, try change shipping method to UPS... mine keeps jumping back to manual shipping.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GW

7 years 5 months ago #252242

Hi,

Please download the latest version of the Alpha Package ; it will contain a patch for the check of shipping which had a little issue with the warehouse identification, so each time the cart was loaded, it think that the selected shipping method wasn't available anymore and it re-select the first shipping.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

7 years 5 months ago #252252

Thanks, it fixes not being able to select different shipping methods.

However, our legacy issue still remains: turning the checkout legacy off and then on still breaks the shipping and payment methods in the checkout. When clicking a method the page reloads but no method will get selected. Please see the steps what we do:
1. fresh install Hikashop 3
2. add a product
3. add payment and shipping method(s)
4. in Configuration turn Checkout legacy to "No", save, and set it back to "Yes", save again
5. go to the frontend, add a product to cart and go to the checkout, it is not possible to select the payment or shipping method

Again, this is all we do, no change to any other default setting.
We've tried this on 4 different systems now, we find the cause of problem is just two mouse clicks: switch Checkout legacy to "No" (save)and immediately back to "Yes" (save again), something irreversible happens, and it is no longer possible to complete the checkout because no methods can be selected.

Kind regards,

7 years 5 months ago #252270

Hi,

I can't reproduce your issue in the way that I can change the shipping method without problem.
But, I have a message telling me that the payment method is not valid ; point which is currently under investigation.
pasteboard.co/e73YT3gnA.png

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds