Rest api

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 5 months ago #254148

Hi!

I have more than 2 customers requestion for rest api, because of their invoice softwares. I read somewhere in the forum that this is something that is coming on hikashop too. Is it something we could estimate as cost and time delivery?

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Jerome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #254151

Hi,

Two years ago, I created a plugin called "HikAPI" ; that plugin is the base for the webservice system.
Even if the plugin has evolve a little since, the base is still the same (and I didn't get a lot of feedback so parts like authentication didn't changed a lot even if I got ideas).
github.com/HikaShop/hikapi

Now when you have an "invoice software", I can see an interest of having API to let the e-commerce platform create invoices in the software but the inverse is not required.
So I don't see the interest for your customer to have a REST API in HIkaShop if they want an integration with a invoice software ; that's not the right direction for the REST API.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 5 months ago #254306

The developer of the invoice software (that one of my client use) use xcart. They have a rest api, he told me, that give them the ability to connect securely, So when an order is created in xcart, rest api does the job and updates the invoice software stock. That was an example. He told me they update any table with xcart rest api.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 months ago #254307

Hi,

I'm afraid that your example confort what I was already saying.

But here a summarize :
HikaShop => Invoice Software : No need of REST API in HikaShop.
Invoice Software => HikaShop : Need of a REST API in HikaShop.

It is already possible to get the event of the order creation in HikaShop and, thanks to a plugin, call a web-service (using cURL or else).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Hikashop Business
7 years 5 months ago #255435

I understand what you re saying, but for you its easy to say its already possible. the problem is that hikashop for us is something stable and ready to use. So when we sell a website we start with an offer that we sign with the client. Here , with this answer (possible) I cannot sign it. He wants a rest api plugin, that is able to update all tables that other cms can. And he is not the only one asking for it. I believe you should consider developing a stable and complete rest api plugin, and sell it like the component. Companies day by day searche for complete solutions and intergations. Don t give up.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 5 months ago #255459

Hi,

As Jerome said, we started working on a rest API for HikaShop 2 years ago. And that's still something we want to push after HikaShop 3. The fact is that to get a rest API for all the frontend capabilities, it required a complete overhaul of the cart and checkout systems. And that's something which will be done with HikaShop 3.
We're not abandonning the idea, we're doing things in the correct order in order to plan for the future and have a solid base.

Jerome was simply telling you that usually, to integrate an ecommerce solution with an invoice software, you don't need a rest API in the ecommerce solution. Normally this is done by the development of an integration plugin between the ecommerce solution and the invoice software. Even if HikaShop had a rest API, it wouldn't change the fact that you would still need such plugin to be developed.
If your potential client wants a rest API plugin for HikaShop, then it's not available (although it can also be developed on your end if necessary). If he wants an integration with an invoice software, then either there is already such plugin (like for KashFlow or QuickBooks), or a plugin can be developed in a similar manner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds