Paid access as a subscription to the article

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319859

Hello
How do I set up paid access to an article? Subscriptions will be based on 4 plans and each article will have the same 4 plans - renewable subscriptions.
According to your instructions - the Guest buys a product - in my case it is supposed to be an article that contains an audio player and it is a paid access as a time subscription to play music - the product is associated with the set plan. Guest buys access to time replay. How should I set it up?
Best wishes
Piotr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #319866

Hello,

We saw that you also sent a message via the "contact us" support ; please do not duplicate your questions.

To have a paid access to an article, you need to use the ACL on HikaShop product to restrict the access to the product for a specific Joomla User Group.
And in HikaSubscription, you can configure the plan to give the Joomla User Group to the account who have an active subscription.
When buying the subscription product, the account will gain a new group which will unlock him the other product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 10 months ago #319883

Hello Jerome
Thank you for the answer, while waiting for the answer I tried to do as you wrote - in a way it works but not as I need. I need access to the article, in its content there is only one music player with one title set and when one of the 4 plans for a given article (music title) is purchased, access to this one and not all articles (titles). Well, if every article (music player) will be available through ACL for a specific group, e.g. VIP and the purchase of the subscription plan will be for VIP, then access to all articles will be based on this plan.
It's possible that I haven't recognized anything yet.
Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #319929

Hello,

You need to have one group for each kind of restriction.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319965

Hello again
"You need to have one group for each kind of restriction." - do you mean - Groups - Joomla?
In HikaSerial there is in the Plans >> Groups tab - what is it for?
After opening it is> "Create" >> "Main Information" and "Additional Information"> "Exclusive" - ​​"Yes" or "No" - what is it for?
Jerome - I still don't have a good solution for my purpose.
Let me remind you - I need a guest, client or registered user to buy access to online music playback - only playback without downloading - this is one goal.
The second goal - buying a file to download - that is, as a product in Hikashop - set to download for 1 day and a maximum of 2 downloads - I'm still testing it, but I think it will work well.
There is a problem with subscription access.
The system has 100 music titles to play - one article and one player with one specific title set in it.
I need to have 4 plans - access for 1 day, 7 days, 14 days and 1 month of your choice, but if you buy 1 plan, e.g. for 1 day, the others are inactive until they expire or are canceled by the buyer - how should I do it?
Until then, I was looking through two possibilities.
The first - access at a given time through membership in the Joomla group. Here it does not work as it needs, because access to all titles after the purchase of one plan by the buyer - that is, the guest buys access for 1 day and has access to all titles.
Second - access at a given time but in the product I have a link to a specific article (player).
Access after purchase is via "user control panel" >> "my downloads".
This is not the best solution because I need to show a list of available purchased titles to play and possibly the amount of opening the article (playing music).
This solution is also not the best.
As you know, the settings for files to download are general and the use of the option to download - the link to the article with playback is required to settings such as the file to download. If the file to download is set - 1 day and two downloads maximum. It is the use of such a setting for "download link" and even unlimited downloads - then access to this link is only during this one day set generally.
Best wishes

3 years 10 months ago #320006

Jerome wrote: To have a paid access to an article, you need to use the ACL on HikaShop product to restrict the access to the product for a specific Joomla User Group.
And in HikaSubscription, you can configure the plan to give the Joomla User Group to the account who have an active subscription.
When buying the subscription product, the account will gain a new group which will unlock him the other product.

1. "To have a paid access to an article, you need to use the ACL on HikaShop product to restrict the access to the product for a specific Joomla User Group." - e.g. let it be a group in Joomla "Listeners"

2. "And in HikaSubscription, you can configure the plan to give the Joomla User Group to the account who have an active subscription."
- that is, for example, the Plan - "access 1 day" (creation and then renewal) should have the setting Joomla Group "Listeners" joins the account of someone who purchased the Plan of this subscription - say it is the User - "Listener 1". In the settings> Product there is a User field and there is an option "Group user after placing the order" - the default setting is "None", which means there is no group in which someone who buys this product should be. The product description shows that in my case - what I need - someone who buys a product with a temporary subscription after purchase should be assigned this setting to the Joomla group "Listeners".
In the settings Plans> Plan - actions there is Field >> "GROUPSUBSCRIBER" - should this assignment (connection) be selected - Joomla Group "Listeners"?

2. "When buying the subscription product, the account will gain a new group which will unlock him the other product."
- Should I understand that in the settings of the article for which access is to be via the temporary subscription plan should be set Joomla group "Listeners" - or different?

Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #320007

Jerome wrote: You need to have one group for each kind of restriction.

"You need to have one group for each kind of restriction."
- OK - but where is the group supposed to be - among Joomla (ACL) or W HikaSerial >> Plans >> Groups?
In the Plans - Main information settings you can find "Group" - clicking the field does not show the Joomla group but - if it is defined in Hikaserial> Groups - then the selection appears there.
What does this option in HikaSerial - Groups give you?

Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #319980

Hello,

You have another thread which is very similar to that one.
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/9...s-subscriptions.html
Would it be possible to not duplicate your questions between two threads ?
Can you please try to summarize your messages ? Organize them in some points for your questions ?

I need a guest, client or registered user to buy access to online music playback - only playback without downloading - this is one goal.

You can't sell subscription to guest accounts ; since they are "guest" they can't login so they can't have specific restrictions (they don't have a Joomla account).
Otherwise, it's Joomla ACL system and it's related to Joomla (ACL on article) or HikaShop (ACL on product).

The second goal - buying a file to download - that is, as a product in Hikashop

Exactly, that's HikaShop related ; not HikaSubscription.

I need to have 4 plans - access for 1 day, 7 days, 14 days and 1 month of your choice, but if you buy 1 plan, e.g. for 1 day, the others are inactive until they expire or are canceled by the buyer - how should I do it?

HikaSubscription do not work that way since there is no correlation between a plan and a duration ; you can create your plans and configure the products to add the duration you want for one (or many) plan.
Now, via the Joomla ACL system, you can see to restrict the access to an HikaShop product.
It might be easier with a future HikaSubscription release which will handle the removal of groups on Subscription activation.

the guest buys access for 1 day and has access to all titles.

With or without Joomla user groups ; you can sell a subscription to a guest account. If the customer close its browser (its session), the guest account is lost.
That's why by design, HikaSubscription do not authorize to sell subscription to guest accounts.

As you know, the settings for files to download are general and the use of the option to download

HikaShop do have a "product download" feature and it's related to HikaShop (so, not to HikaSubscription).
Afterwards, HikaSubscription do have a "plan download" feature, you can give access to files when a customer subscription is active.

In general, I do think that you will need some custom development (custom plugins) in order to implement some specific features and restrictions.
Like restriction for the access of the products, or downloads.

But in your message you mix several different questions and concepts :
- The restriction on products regarding the subscription.
- The restriction on downloads.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #320018

Hello Jerome

"You have another thread which is very similar to that one.
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/9...s-subscriptions.html
Would it be possible to not duplicate your questions between two threads ?"

It just happened - forgive me - I have a very tight deadline to implement my project and I am looking for help.
Before buying HikaShop and HikSubscription, I tried with other third-party extensions - they failed, so I am looking for a solution with Hika.
Because my posts are duplicated and questions will remain in this post - OK?

I checked the operation of the PAYPAL recurring payment plugin.
What does it look like - what do I need
1. I assume that I need 100 HikaShop products, but as articles, there is one music player in each title with one title set, i.e. 100 different titles - paid access to listen.
From the description of the HikaSubscription operation, the Plan is to be associated with the Product - I used the Characteristics which creates the option of creating a variant - I need the purchase of one of the plans of this article to block the remaining 3 plans until the purchased plan expires or is canceled. So how should it be set?
Should I create 400 subscription plans> 100 music titles (articles) but each should have 4 plans - I recall> 1 day access, 7 days access, 14 days access and 1 month access?
Are 4 Subscription Plans and Linking a plan 1 day for each of 100 products (articles)?

2. Returning to check the PAYPAL recurring payment plugin.
Because I first checked 4 plans and the connection with 100 products (titles) each has 4 variants - i.e. first product - the connection between the created variants and these 4 plans, then the 2nd product, etc.
How does the plugin work? There are problems.
Purchase of the 1st product - 1 day access - the first time on the PAYPAL sandbox error pops up >> "Something did not work properly - Try again" in the address is> sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes/error. and before this address is> sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?country.x=PL&locale.x=en_US
In the meantime, HikaShop sends order information. The subscription in HikaSubscription is created but is "closed".
When I try to refresh on the PAYPAL website, the message> "Something did not work properly - Try again" appears again and an email is sent with the creation of a new order.

I tried something else on the PAYPAL website - undo with the "go back" arrow - the payment is continued and something like this appears>
sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?token=....x=PL&locale.x=en_PL
Then it's OK.
Whenever there is a new User - the same error appears.
I was checking another option.
After an unsuccessful purchase - return to order in the basket and again "I order and pay" - interestingly - the payment was done well.
Purchase 4th product - 1 day access - purchase unsuccessful
Purchase 4th product - 14 days access - purchase unsuccessful

3. And here is the question asked above - should I make 400 plans - each Product (title) in four variants and should have its 4 subscription plans?
Example> 1st Product "Listening to nature" - Access plan - 1 day but the name of this plan, eg "Listening to nature - access 1 day", then 6th Product "Listening to rain sound" - Palnu name, e.g. "listening to rain sound - access 1 day "etc?

4. "And in HikaSubscription, you can configure the plan to give the Joomla User Group to the account who have an active subscription."
- that is, for example, the Plan - "access 1 day" (creation and then renewal) should have the setting Joomla Group "Listeners" joins the account of someone who purchased the Plan of this subscription - say it is the User - "Listener 1". In the settings> Product there is a User field and there is an option "Group user after placing the order" - the default setting is "None", which means there is no group in which someone who buys this product should be. The product description shows that in my case - what I need - someone who buys a product with a temporary subscription after purchase should be assigned this setting to the Joomla group "Listeners".
In the settings Plans> Plan - actions there is Field >> "GROUPSUBSCRIBER" - should this assignment (connection) be selected - Joomla Group "Listeners"?

5. "When buying the subscription product, the account will gain a new group which will unlock him the other product."
- Should I understand that in the settings of the article for which access is to be via the temporary subscription plan should be set Joomla group "Listeners" - or different?

Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #320019

Hello,

Don't take it the wrong way but you should really try to make smaller messages... And take some time to read the answers.

It's going to too much directions in the same time and unfortunately, you're not doing what I asked you for some of them (like for the debug of Paypal recurring).
Please understand that, in a normal context you must make one thread for every point, thus the support team can give you a good reply and provide a useful support.
I can't handle that thread in such condition ; I won't be effective and it won't help you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #320050

Jerome wrote: I asked you for some of them (like for the debug of Paypal recurring).

I wrote one in the other thread but here below - several entries - also current ...
 05.31.20 16:18:55 - paypal_recurring
[paymentaction] => authorization
    [txn_type] => subscr_payment
    [item_name] => Suma
    [a3] => 3.00
    [p3] => 1
    [t3] => D
    [src] => 1
    [sra] => 0

05.31.20 17:39:22 - paypal_recurring

[paymentaction] => authorization
    [item_name] => Suma
    [a3] => 8.00
    [p3] => 14
    [t3] => D
    [src] => 1
    [sra] => 0

06.01.20 01:19:21 - paypal_recurring
    [item_name] => Suma
    [a3] => 3.00
    [p3] => 1
    [t3] => D
    [src] => 1
    [sra] => 0

06.01.20 01:21:13 - paypal_recurring
    [item_name] => Suma
    [a3] => 3.00
    [p3] => 1
    [t3] => D
    [src] => 1
    [sra] => 0

06.01.20 01:25:32 - paypal_recurring

[item_name] => Suma
    [a3] => 3.00
    [p3] => 1
    [t3] => D
    [src] => 1
    [sra] => 0
Best wishes
Piotr

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] tag is nice

3 years 10 months ago #320104

Hello,

I suppose that you removed the other fields available in the debug.
Regarding the values for the fields "a3", "p3", "t3" and "src", we have valid and classical values.
I will suppose that the "amount_1" will be identical as "a3" ; and that the other fields you removed are valid too.
For what available, it describes a 1 day recurring.
Thus, I'm afraid that only Paypal could tell you what is the reason why the translation is not authorized ; maybe via their log or by contacting their support.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds