• Thank you received: 35
1 year 5 months ago #346240

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi guys,
About the "Subscriptions > Relation type: Upgrade" there is no mention of that option here

Now, let me say we have two Subscription Plans:
- Plan "A" = 10 $ per month
- Plan "B".= 30 $ per month

As far as I understand we could use "Product > Variants" with the "Subscriptions > Relation type: Upgrade" to define Subscription "migrations" from a Plan "A" to a Plan "B". But, How the "Upgrade" run exactly ?
There we have also a "Price"and a "Duration" fields. What do they mean exactly ?

1 - How we can define the Upgrade price considering a discount for the previous paid Subscription ?

2 How can we manage the new duration ?

3 - Is there a way to "downgrade" instead of "upgrade" ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 5 months ago #346249

Hello,

The "Upgrade" has more parameters than the other (creation, renewal).
It includes the "target plan" and the "duration" ; it also include a parameter to select the "source plan".
It is called "upgrade" but you can do a downgrade ; there is no concept of hierarchy in HikaSubscription plans.

The price is always coming from the HikaShop product itself (so you can use all the HikaShop features such as the ACL, etc).

When you have an upgrade, the user must perform the action from its HikaSubscription panel.
(There is no subscription active the demo website but the page link is : demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/other-fea...subscription/listing )

It's the ONLY way to performs renewals and Upgrades. (like I'm explaining it to you in another thread).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 year 5 months ago #346254

Hi Jerome,
so, right now, the ONLY way to performs Renewals and Upgrades is from its HikaSubscription panel.

A - About Upgrades, if we want to permit migrations between different plans (upgrade/downgrade) we have to add a Product Subscription "Upgrade" to the "Plan" we want and "Upgrade from" the Plan of this Product, Right ?

B - If we want to create different ACL price rules for Renewals and Upgrades we can create two different Product Variants (or two different separated Products), Right ?

C - "...the price is always coming from the HikaShop product itself (so you can use all the HikaShop features such as the ACL, etc)..." ...and What happen to the Product quantity ? I mean:
C1 - if I click on Renewal, Should I be able to choose the quantity ? (That we are using to establish the Subscription expiration: duration x quantity)
C2 - if I click on Upgrade, Should I be able to choose the quantity ?

1 year 5 months ago #346287

Hello,

A - "Upgrade from" indicates the subscription plan that the customer will be able to "upgrade" to the other plan.

B - You can just use ACL on product prices ; it's an HikaShop business feature.

C - When you use "renewal" or "upgrade", HikaSubscription will add the product into the customer cart.
But the product will also have an hidden information regarding the target subscription (which will be renewed or upgraded)
When the product is in the cart, the customer can edit it/remove it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 year 5 months ago #346345

Hi Jerome,
okay. Here I'm speaking just about: Type of relation - Upgrade option that belo I will call also "Migration".
As you wrote I'm writing here following the same example and tests I described here .

So, the example site has a normal free Registration that will add the users to the Registered A user group.
When logged the user can buy:
- the Product B linked to Plan B that add users to the Registered B user group.
- the Product C linked to Plan C that add users to the Registered C user group.
- And Users will can migrate between Plans, but always just 1 Plan, so they will be added to Registered B user group OR Registered C user group. While they will be always into the standard free Registered A user group.

Now, for the upgrade I added a "Migration" Product with setting:
Product > Subscription > Relation Type: Upgrade - from Plan B to Plan C + Duration 2 months - Price 50 USD.

The user Subscribed to Plan B can buy the Migration to Plan C. He did it. The Subscription to Plan B has been transformed to a Subscription to Plan C with success. The user has been automatically removed from the Plan B user group and added to the Plan C user group. But:

1 - The Subscription End Date has been lost and now the Subscription is shown as "No Limit" = Bug. Please, Can you replicate and confirm it ?

2 - There is no anymore an option to Renew the new Plan C Subscription into the Action drop down menu button = Bug. Please, Can you replicate and confirm it ?

C - Into the Subscription Details history list there is no the possibility for the user to see / understand which orders are related to the Subscription Plan B / Migration / Subscription Plan C = Issue. Could be solve, for example, by adding a "Product Name" column.

I add two images for you...

Attachments:

1 year 5 months ago #346384

Hello,

1 - Can you please provide a screenshot of the configuration of the product so we can reproduce your issue in our side ?
We need to be sure of your settings and your "workflow" ; because we had test cases for updates and the end date is not lost.

2 - If your subscription has no end date, it can't be renewed.
It's not a bug, it's just not logical to renew something which don't expire.

C - Adding the product name could be indeed a solution. Adding the type of the action should be also possible.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 year 5 months ago #346408

Hi Jerome,

1 & 2 - Sure. Here I attach 8 images for you. I remain available. What I made:
- I bought a Product B (Plan B, 1 month x quantity 3 = 3 months)
- I renewed the Subscription Plan B (from the frontend Subscription CP Dashboard, it added 1 month)
- I migrated from Plan B to Plan C

PS - Here you wrote :
"...Because a renewal must be related to a subscription, the selection is only made via the subscription section of the HikaShop customer control panel.
That is why the renewal products should be placed in a hidden category ; best is to create a category next to the product category so the product won't be visible in HikaShop product listings..."
On my tests I have not created any specific Category, any hidden Category. Maybe the issue could be related to it ?

OR maybe, anything related to the setting:
HikaSerial > Configuration > Subscription Options > Main > Renew before expiration period: 0 (days/weeks/months/years)

3 - Name & Type columns.
Paying attention to the width of the titles (we are used to always look for "one word" title as far as it is possible) it seems there is all the space to add the two columns and you are right, both are useful.
PS - Type: would be better to call it as "Migration" instead of "Upgrade" being that it can be used fro upgrades and downgrades.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by joomleb.

1 year 5 months ago #346422

Hello,

Unfortunately your screenshots "Product-B-Plan-B" and "Product-C-Plan-C" are too small and we can't see/read the content.

3 - I'm sorry but I don't understand the context of your message.

4 (PS) - Since a HikaShop product have a price and the customer have to pay it ; by definition, it's difficult to see the "downgrade" process except some specific cases (a "lower" subscription but with more months ; but even there I see the need of custom development for end date adjustment)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 year 5 months ago #346471

Hi Jerome,

1 & 2 - Sorry, it is due to the forum settings that is resizing automatically the images reducing them to a fixed height (in this case).
Here you have the images in a Google Photo Album

3 - I was just confirming that, yes, in the frontend Subscription view there is "width" space to add the two mentioned useful columns.

4 - A "downgrade" situation is rare, but not impossible with "Type:Upgrade" and also un "upgrade" can be a little bit "more complex" than a simple upgrade (more reminiscent of just an upward movement).
I think that "Migrate" or "Move" is more appropriate to show in the Subscriptions view in the frontend.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds