Products missing in google feed

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #274755

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.belysningsimporten.se
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.2

Hi all,

We and some of the price comparison pages have noted that a lot of active products on our website are not included in the google feed (about 1200 products are correctly included in the feed). We can not see any other link between the products that are missing more than it is part of the ones we've added lately, possibly after the update to 3.1.1. Are there any settings other than those in the plugin that can limit which products should be included in the feed?

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

/Henrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 8 months ago #274770

Hi,

The products won't be in the CSV if:
- their "access level" is not "all"
- their quantity is zero and the "in stock only" setting of the plugin is turned on
- they are unpublished
- the categories of the products are not "valid" (not published, with an access level not "all", unpublished, etc)
- the products don't have at least a "valid" price

6 years 8 months ago #274862

Hi Nicolas,

I can not see that any of the missing products in the feed have any incorrect settings either on the product or category page. All access levels are set to "all", the quantity setting is disabled in the plugin and quantity is set to infinity on the products, they are published and have a price.

I do not really know how to solve this, you have the opportunity to log on and check out what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Henrik

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274863

Hello,

Without knowing more about what are these missing products and how they are configured, what makes them different of another (included in the feed) ; please understand that it will be complicated for our team to investigate on your issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 8 months ago #274896

Hi Jerome,

I understand that, but because I can not see a difference between the products that are included in the feeds and those missing, I do not really know what and how to show you.

Here are pictures on the plugin settings, a product that is included in the feed and one missing as well as the google feed.

Regards
Henrik

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jerome.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274945

Hello,

Regarding the code of the plugin, products can be skipped if they don't have a "valid" category.
And a valid category is, for what I can see, a published category under the HikaShop "product category" category.

Are your categories organized and published correctly ?
Would it be possible to have link to few products in your store (some included and some missing) ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 8 months ago #274963

Hi Jerome,

The missing products belong to the same categories as the products actually included in the feed, so it did not feel like this was the common denominator for the missing products.

For example, the VITA category is missing
www.belysningsimporten.se/inomhusbelysni...eos-medium-lampskarm
www.belysningsimporten.se/inomhusbelysni...m-ljusbrun-lampskarm
www.belysningsimporten.se/inomhusbelysni...-eos-large-lampskarm

And in the same category, for example, this one is included
www.belysningsimporten.se/product/17633-vita-eos-mini-lampskarm

I now see that the problem is the canonical url that is created automatically, "inomhusbelysning" is no category in hikashop, just a collective name in our top menu. If I change the canonical url for the missing products, they will be included in the feed.

As it is now, the canonical url is chosen depending on which category they first appear in, if I have not gotten it wrong. Is it then possible to either adjust the google plugin to include these "categories" or control which url becomes canonical url automatically, for example /product/17633-vita-eos-mini-lampskarm instead of /inomhusbelysning/taklampor/product//product/17633-vita-eos-mini-lampskarm or whatever it happens to be for each new product.

Regards
Henrik

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 7 months ago #275130

Hi,

It's not possible to control which URL becomes canonical. It's the first one that is generated for the product when the canonical URL field is empty.
So what you can do is change the canonical URL so that it is correct for the product and for new products, you can directly enter the URL that you want ( a valid one of course ).
If you want to generate the canonical URL automatically yourself with a specific pattern, it's possible with a mass action:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

However, I don't see why it would change anything for the products being included in the feed or not. I believe that it must come from something else and just the fact of saving the product fixed the data in the database and the product was then included.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds