Issue with First Data Plugin

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 3 months ago #34786

I have set up a test account with First Data to make sure that I have everything configured correctly through Hikashop. Ultimately I have spent an hour on the phones with FirstData and they have confirmed that I have everything set up correctly, yet I cannot seem to checkout. I continue to get the same error,

"There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [58] : unable to use client certificate (no key found or wrong pass phrase?)"

The site that this is installed on is www.ehcgdietplan.net . Can you please tell me what I might have done incorrectly here?

Thnk you so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #34808

That error happens because your pem file path is not correct in the configuration of the FirstData plugin. Please double check it.

12 years 3 months ago #35627

I have followed all of the instructions given on your site. I have switched hosting of the site to a different server, I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled the component to make sure I am doing everything correctly. I have made sure that the paths are correct and I have invested a great deal of time into this to make sure that I am doing everything as instructed. At this time I am still getting an error, "There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway". Ultimately I have never had this much difficulty setting up a shop before. I don't know if the difficult is with the component or FirstData, but there is something that is not working.

You can see the site at www.ehcgdietplan.net , the "Buy now" menu item is a sub-menu under the main menu item "How it works".

Please help as I have a customer that is very frustrated with how long I am taking to put this together. :unsure:

12 years 3 months ago #35628

A side note, when I do place the PEM and KEY file in the directory recommended on your site , I get a 403 if I go to that URL. So maybe I should put these files elsewhere?

12 years 3 months ago #35669

That's a common error when configuring the PEM file for FirstData. You can search online for the error and you will get many results from other shopping cart websites. Make sure that you're using the ABSOLUTE path to the file and not the relative one. So if your website is located in the folder /home/mywebsite/public_html/ the absolute path to the file will be:
/home/mywebsite/public_html/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/WSXXXXXXXXXX._.1.pem

If you're sure that your file path is correct, then it might be because the upload of the pem file broke the file. That can happen based on the mode you're using when uploading the file via FTP. So you should try to upload it with another mode (normally, you have two modes for file transfers in your FTP client: binary or ASCII). It could also be because of the access rights on the file. Make sure that the owner of the file is correct and that the permissions on the file enable the apache user to read the file.

The location recommended for that pem file is good.

12 years 3 months ago #35670

Thank you for taking the time to review my issue. Unfortunately the recommendations you had given, did not work. In my experience (limited as it is with your component), when I get the error "an error occured", it means that the files are not being seen. In this case when I put the absolute path it is like the system does not read the file that way.

So.... is there anyway that I could have you log into the back end of the site and take a look at this?

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bulldzr.

12 years 3 months ago #35711

You can send the information via our contact form. Please also include a FTP access to that we can check the path of your files and a link to this thread so that we can easily relate.

12 years 3 months ago #35839

I have sent the information through the contact form as you requested. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

12 years 3 months ago #35943

Hi,

We received the information. We'll try to look at it tonight or tomorrow.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #44619

I'm having the same problem, could you please send some information, or have a look at the back end of my website as well?

11 years 11 months ago #49477

I have a similar issue and this was my error message:

There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway
Curl Err [52] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0

This sounds much more ominous considering I am using Webuzo and had to configure SSL in Apache since SSL isn't integrated into their back end yet.
I assume that part of the error is that I'm not using the absolute path. I do know how to find the absolute path in Windows but not in Linux. I have server access if I can get some direction here that will be a great help. Why does this have to be so hard?

The website is behind a Firewall at the moment. I assume that this doesn't cause a problem, correct?

11 years 11 months ago #49510

You should ask firstdata why they made their payment gateway so hard to setup.
With PayPal, you only enter your email address in the plugin's options and you're done...

That error is related to the pem and key files. Either the path you set is not the correct one, or the files are not the correct ones.
How to know your website's absolute path:
www.ehow.com/how_5845975_absolute-path-website.html

It's not related to your firewall.

11 years 11 months ago #49586

Hi,

I have checked the path with your absolute.php file and it is now correct. I am using a Webuzo/Centos5 configuration and it gives me this:
/home/soft/www/cablecenter.org/media/com_hikashop/first/xxxxxxxxx._.1.pem but I still get this error.

Curl Err [52] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0

The Store ID is confusing to me. Is this the ten digit number? The API Password I pulled from the auth.txt file but again I'm not sure if that's what your asking for. Could this be the problem?

If I had my way I would not be using First Data at all but the company I work for wants this. This is one of the reasons I was happy to see that your store offered this plugin.

I talked to First Data and they verified the functionality of their files.

11 years 11 months ago #49588

Hi,

I now have a new error message:

Curl Err [58] : unable to set private key file: '/home/soft/www/cablecenter.org/media/com_hikashop/first/xxxxxxxx._.1.key' type PEM

I did find the documentation which was very clear. Is this still an issue with the path or are the files corrupt? I used binary ftp but you never know.
I have contacted First Data on the research I have found below. Is it possible that the .pem amnd .key were created in the wrong format? I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been caught by now if it is the case.

I found this at stackoverflow.com/questions/7250025/php-soap-ssl-problems

"Based on the error:

SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert
decrypt error, errno 0

It looks to me like the PHP library is having trouble reading your cert.pem and key.pem files. These files can come in different formats. Apache requires that these be in PKCS12 format and I would guess PHP is the same. You can use a tool called "Keystore Explorer 4.0.1" to verify and convert if necessary.

You can verify the validity of the format of the keys also, using openssl and this command:

C:\Temp> openssl pkcs12 -info -in ksb_cert.p12"

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sluiting. Reason: More info

11 years 11 months ago #49679

Yes, you should upload the files in binary mode.
Make sure that the files are in the folder media/com_hikashop/first in your website and that their permissions allows your website to access them (if in doubts, set the access rights to 777 on the files).

I don't see why firstdata would give you pem/key files in the wrong format. It works for other users with the files they were provided.

Make sure that you didn't invert the pem and key files in the options of the plugin.

11 years 11 months ago #49691

I double checked binary mode and uploaded the files again. The files were not set at 777 so I corrected that. Thank you. I checked the location that absolute.php gave me against the path I had. Everything is correct and I get this:

I'm wondering if this may have something to do with the SSL we're using. I have an email out to our IT service to make sure that we're not using OpenSSL with a self signed cert. I think that may be an issue with the way the cert is signed? I appreciate you getting back to me. The simple lack of documentation on First Data's part is astounding. No where did it tell me to 777 chmod the files.

11 years 11 months ago #49721

I knew this would happen. First Data said that they've tested the pem and key files and they work fine. The problem is with the store, they said. I was told that the information is probably not being sent correctly. I'm simply relaying what they said. you say that others are using this from First Data with no problems and I believe you. So,
you say it's them and they say it's you. I told them that I didn't care whose fault it was all I wanted a working store. I asked them if they could figure out whats going on by the error message. They said that the type of error message I'm getting isn't the type that First Data would send. ???? any thoughts on what can be done next?

11 years 11 months ago #49724

So I installed the store on my personal site, which is a duplicate template and just changed the absolute path at skluiting.com and created a test link at the top, left of the page. This is the error that I received here: "There was an error during the connection with the First Data payment gateway".

Two completely different servers and still errors.

The error would be identical but I had Hikashop debugging turned off. When I turned it on I got this same error:

Curl Err [56] : SSL read: error:1409441B:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert decrypt error, errno 0

Can someone please check my settings or tell me that it just doesn't work? I see that the other person who had the same error, that you said you's look at his backend, is working.

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sluiting.

11 years 11 months ago #49759

I have been watching the replies go back and forth here and could not help but say something. This was very frustrating when it was happening to me and at the end of the day the issue was on my side. I did not input the store number in correctly. I had the guys over at Hikashop take a look at it and I had input the store number incorrectly. Maybe you guys could just log into the store and take a look at the configuration like you did for me?

The following user(s) said Thank You: sluiting

11 years 11 months ago #49842

Thanks. That's all I'm asking for. It's likely something stupid that I'm doing even though I've checked and rechecked the settings.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds