Is it possible to replace jmarket with hikashop

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 3 months ago #228294

-- HikaShop version -- : starter
-- Joomla version -- : 3

hi

im planning to use hikashop, business and multivendor. I want to know if it is possible to export existing data from jmarket. It is a multivendor component for joomla as well. We have been using this for almost a year but decided that it has to much bugs and issues that can be fixed.

we have around 600 vendors already and a a lot of custom work. We dont want to trash the whole project. We just want to remove and replace jmarket.

Any ideas? import export tool would be nice. Also are the registered members considered as vendors? or is there a accreditation process?

any help is appreciated...

thanks

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove duplicate content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
8 years 3 months ago #228303

Hi,

There is no built-in import system in HikaShop for jStore / jMarket.
But depending what exactly you want to import ; I think that some parts could be done using some SQL queries.
It would require an analyze of Joobi components but it will highly depend on your needs because more you might want to import (different element) more complexity it will be.

Also are the registered members considered as vendors? or is there a accreditation process?

Both modes are handle by HikaMarket.
You have the "automatic vendor creation" mode in the configuration and you can use Joomla user groups for the "accreditation process" feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #228398

if i use sql or directly create the fields on phpmyadmin how will this reflect on the front end?

also can i install hika products together with jmarket? do you forsee any issues? it will be easier for us to have both slowly migrating between components.

8 years 3 months ago #228402

Hi,

You can create columns in your database but the data won't be display by default with HikaShop unless you have the corresponding "custom field" configured.
So, it won't relfect it on the front-end ; HikaShop can't detect database columns like that.

You can have HikaShop and jMarket installed in the same time ; it should not generate issues.
We generally recommend to install HikaShop in the current website in order to perform the migration (for the existing migration systems that HikaShop handles).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 3 months ago #229124

hi

im tyring to play with hikashop. i dont see how to use the custom fields for product, registration, vendor and others.

also what are the view for?

where can i find this?

thanks

8 years 3 months ago #229135

Hi,

Product custom fields require HikaShop essential.
Vendor custom fields require HikaMarket.

You can test HikaShop/HikaMarket in our demo website.
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph..._hikashop&ctrl=field

To know more about views and customization ; there is a documentation page which talk about it :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 2 months ago #229613

i dont see custom fields for registration. is it possible?

i dont see tip text. where is it?

on the field type is there captcha? i dont see google maps for the custom field either

thanks

• Thank you received: 13085
8 years 2 months ago #229629

Custom fields are available for registration. You need to create custom fields of the table "user" for that. That's only possible with the Essential and Business editions of HikaShop.

HikaShop doesn't have tooltips for its options. If you want help, click on the "help" button at the top of any page and you'll get the help corresponding to the page you're looking at.

For the captcha, you can use the ReCaptcha plugin we provide on our website:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html

There is no Google Maps custom field. I suppose that you want to do something like that:
www.joomunited.com/news/entry/my-maps-lo...p-hikamarket-edition

8 years 1 week ago #238037

hi

i would like to add manufacturers in my installation but i cant see any fields. how do i do this?

also is there a plugin to magnify the products?

8 years 1 week ago #238076

Hi,

You can use the "brand" field for that and create brands via the menu Products>Brands.

There are several modules to magnify products.
For example:
www.magictoolbox.com/hikashop/
extensions.joomla.org/extension/art-zoomin

8 years 1 week ago #238169

1. is brand similar to manufacturer or supplier? is this the same with the other versions of hika?

2. is it possible to change the root source for file upload? i just want to get the images as it is already in the site.

3. custom fields is not clear, where will it appear?

8 years 1 week ago #238181

1. HikaShop doesn't have manufacturers or suppliers but brands. So if your previous solution has manufacturers and not brands, I suppose that it's the equivalent yes. The brands section of HikaShop works the same for all the versions of HikaShop.

2. Yes You can find the "upload folder" setting under the Files section of the HikaShop configuration for that.

3. Custom fields can be configured via the menu Display>Custom fields. Custom fields can be linked to many tables and will display at different places based on what you link them with and how you configure the display options of the fields.
For more details on that, you can read this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html

8 years 1 week ago #238337

ok im trying to export / import basic information from joobi jmarket to hikashop. In joobi jamarket multivendor user creates an account for his personal account applies as a vendor for another manufacturer / vendor account what about in hikashop?

i can use phpmyadmin if hikashop has ni import export tool. I want to know if hikashop utilizes separate tables for the user profile and vendor profile.

thanks

8 years 1 week ago #238338

Hi,

HikaShop have a dedicated table for the users. That table can have a link with the Joomla user table for "real" account and when there is no link, the HikaShop user is a "guest account".
HikaMarket have a dedicated table for the vendors. A vendor is a special entity which can have an administrator/owner (the user id is store in the HikaMarket vendor table) and can also have users (the vendor id is then store in the HikaShop user table).

Because HikaMarket is an add-on ; it has been developed as it. It have his own tables and add few columns in HikaShop tables (which are handle link extra fields).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 week ago #238464

is vendor for multi vendor different with the brands?
No limit of time - what does this mean?
1 year free updates - after 1 year what happens? do we buy the software again? do we buy the update?
1 year free HikaMarket support for one website - after 1 year how do we avail support?
1 year web cron service for one website - what is this? after 1 year the cron service stops?

8 years 1 week ago #238497

Hi,

A brand is a kind of category of HikaShop ; you can assign a product to one brand.
Brand is related to HikaShop and vendor is related to HikaMarket (and his features).

No limit of time - Even if your subscription expires, the components will continue to work. It is not a subscription to make the components "actives".
Once the license expire, you can renew it (you can also renew it before his expiration) and the cost of the renewal is less than the original product price (around 60% of the price ; less if you renew for 2 years)

For support ; it will depend on the question and on the context. If your component is not up to date and the latest package can improve of fix the point, the answer would be to renew and update. After that if it is configuration related, we can still provide some help and if we feel that there is some abuse of the support without a licence, we could ask for an active licence.
The licences allow us to live and to keep working on our softwares.

The cron task is directly link to the license system so once the license expires, the cron is stopped.
Some companies propose cron services and it is also possible to configure one if you use a dedicated server (it is explained in the HikaShop documentation).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 week ago #238656

For support ; it will depend on the question and on the context. If your component is not up to date and the latest package can improve of fix the point, the answer would be to renew and update. After that if it is configuration related, we can still provide some help and if we feel that there is some abuse of the support without a licence, we could ask for an active licence.
The licences allow us to live and to keep working on our softwares.

are all updates downloadable? or is it web installed?

The cron task is directly link to the license system so once the license expires, the cron is stopped.
Some companies propose cron services and it is also possible to configure one if you use a dedicated server (it is explained in the HikaShop documentation).

is there a specific cron task that is vital to the component? cron task that component needs in order to work perfectly?

thanks

8 years 1 week ago #238664

Hi,

We propose updates through the Joomla update system but you can download latest packages in the website in the "my subscriptions" page.
www.hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html

The cron task is required for some features which need to do actions during the day without the intervention of a human.
See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ashop-cron-task.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds